Moulton Gun Club Jan. 1 2022 Trapshoot

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Dave Berlet, Dec 25, 2021.

1. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Shoot starts 10:30 A M. Jan. 1 2022 75 16yd targets for sausage. Except for last year the Jan. 1 shoot has been an annual event for over 70 years. Good fresh locally made sausage.
    Club is located about 5 miles west of Wapakoneta, Ohio. About 1/2 mile South Of US33 on Bay Road.
    Good sausage-good fun-good fellowship. Please come out and join the fun.

Dave Berlet

rookieshooter likes this.
  2. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Sausage sandwich's and sausage and sauerkraut.

Dave Berlet

3. dfwip9x

dfwip9x Well-Known Member

Dave...would like to join in the fun. Weather looking a bit spotty, and I've got a long drive. Will shoot go forward regardless of rain?
    Paul

4. Dave Berlet

Over the years the shoot has been held in almost all kinds of weather. Unless there is a major catastrophe the shoot will go on. The sausage has been made and tomorrow it will be put in packages. If the club has willing participants I'm sure there will be targets thrown. Lets hope for at least somewhat decent weather.

Dave Berlet

5. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I remember the year that it was several degrees below zero and windy. That day was the day the club house was the fullest I've ever seen it. A couple hundred old fat guys chowing down on sausage and drinking pots of coffee, except for Jim Feathers and his Rebel Yell. I miss the old times.

6. dfwip9x

dfwip9x Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply Dave. I enjoy shooting in the snow and wind, but cold rain...not so much. Let's hope the weather cooperates.
    Best wishes for the New Year.
    Paul

7. lord maker

lord maker Mega Poster Founding Member

A good shoot as always. Run well and went quickly. I would guess down 5ish squads from two yrs ago.

Don Cogan likes this.
  8. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Once again it was proven don't shoot against Dave for food, he won with a lone 74 I heard.

Don Cogan likes this.
  9. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

Brad,

The only surprise about Dave breaking 74 out of 75 while shooting for sausage is that he actually missed one! That’s Dave’s idea of giving everyone else a fair chance. I was thinking about coming down for the shoot but I didn’t want to get my Model 12 wet. :)

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  10. Dave Berlet

Don shame on you! Don't you know that those model 12's are just like the mailman they deliver in wind- snow- rain- heat - cold no matter the weather those old model 12's are ready to perform. All they need is someone to drag them out to the line and they will take care of the rest. Today Dirk bested the field at Continental with one of his mod 12's. He started with a 0 and broke 49. There were 3 48's and on down the line with 68 total entries. With the other mod 12 he had 45. One mod 12 was his father's and the other was his grandfather's. In the winter he rarely shoots his Beretta's. So Don don't ever let your mod 12 know that you made it stay in the closet when it could have been out shooting. Just my bit of advice. LOL

Dave Berlet

Don Cogan and BRAD DYSINGER like this.