Modify stock to 12.5'' LOP

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by rookieshooter, Mar 17, 2021.

1. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

Need to cut down my thumbhole Rem 1100 synthetic stock to same LOP as my Perazzi pistol grip stock which is 12.5''. Used to shoot a 14.5'' LOP before spine injury.
    I cut off the stock to proper length but will have to modify the action spring tube nut cause remounting the recoil pad causes a conflict...pad will not fit flush to stock.
    The pad slips into stock about 1/4''. Will also need to tweek the pad some for proper fit.
    In the pic you can see the nut that I'll need to change.
    Later the barrel will be sent out for a 4'' high rib like the P gun and the upcoming O/U Blaser.
    REM STOCK.jpg REM STOCK NUT.jpg

Attached Files:

2. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

CANNOT CUT DOWN THE STOCK THAT MUCH,Due to the amount the action rod and spring requirements.now an 870 is different story, , best thing is a Pump gun.

GB...........................................DLS

3. rookieshooter

Just finished cutting down stock to 12.5'' and tweaking of recoil pad to new parameters of the stock.
    Tested the LOP on some Starlings trying build nests in my Bluebird nesting boxes. They were thwarted off by a few well placed shots from the 12.5'' LOP Rem 1100.
    The gun worked flawlessly.

Next a 4'' high rib and adjustable built comb.

REM STOCK 12.5.jpg

4. Rolexdr

Rolexdr Mega Poster

I had to do similar when I put a real short stock on my 1187 20 for my daughters

I had to shorten the nut

rookieshooter likes this.
  5. Rolexdr

Rolexdr Mega Poster

Notice the nut sticking out
    I had to cut it back

Attached Files:

6. Rolexdr

Rolexdr Mega Poster

All buttoned up

it’s a stick for a youth 870
    About 10.5 lop

fit one to my 1100 28ga also

Attached Files:

7. rookieshooter

That's exactly how mine looked! If my camera did not take a dump, I'd posted the same pic.

8. rookieshooter

Sent the gun to Simmons to have an Olympic style rib made.
    Since the rib is so high, including the comb. there is no conflict between thumb and nose. This really lets me pull gun in closer which means there is less weight that my weak left arm has to support. Not mentioning easier to swing Totally new concept.