Michigan Trapshooting Association donation form available here.

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Just Joe, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Just Joe

Just Joe Administrator Staff Member

This is the form to donate to the Michigan Trapshooting Association. You can copy the form and save it. It is posted in jpg. It will save like a photo. You may have to resize it.

MichiganTA letter 002.jpg

mi010.jpg

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  2. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Wonder if you can write it off as a "charitable donation".

The rest of the states better get going with their own " we broke, HELP" forms

3. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

The MTA is a charitable organization. It is a tax deduction.

4. Turbine

Turbine Active Member Past State President

Please see the bottom of paragraph 3 of Just Joe’s excellent post above. The Michigan Trapshooting Association is a 501(c)3 nonprofit so donations are tax deductible.

5. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Did anyone check and see if there is any supplement support from the Feds because of the Pandemic, there is for small business and anything, everything can help ..? Might be something to look into, can't hurt and if they say no you are no worse off than you were before asking ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. Turbine

Good thinking!! They got a Payroll Protection Grant and have recently received a small low interest loan from the Small Business Administration. The payroll grant wasn’t large either, as with no shooting, payroll is small.
    JB

7. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I think Michigan will be Lucky to Shoot this summer taking into account the dumb ass Governor Michigan has. they may just have to tell her to go to hell and shoot anyway. Good Luck. If they do shoot it's a great place to shoot. I broke my first 200 straight there back in 1975. If you have never shot there, and still shoot ATA, you should go at least once.

MOE and lord maker like this.
  8. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Brad if I remember correctly E.G. shot there once. LOL

9. Just Joe

Just Joe Administrator Staff Member

Let’s hope all shooting venues are busy this year. Not just registered or even shotgun sports.

Elsie likes this.
  10. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I went the gun show in Montpelier Ohio today, just a county south of Michigan. there was quite a bit of ammo for sale. None was cheap. I saw 1000 209 Winchester's for $125, 1000 small pistol primers $300. Not cheap but available.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2021
  11. Elsie

Elsie Mega Poster

I don't watch the news anymore, but friends tell me the media is reporting the Feds are providing hotel rooms at the rate of $200 to $300 daily to house immigrants flooding across the border. I'm sure the Michigan governor is amendable to bringing buses of em to Michigan. The MTA could put em up in their traphouses - 4 or 5 to a house. $1K a day per traphouse, a month or two of that should give em enough cash reserve to make it through the pandemic. Not LOL

MOE, Palos shooter, cwtech and 2 others like this.
  12. BRAD DYSINGER

How is your fund drive going? I thought I would bump this to the top for you before the Team Shoot.

13. Turbine

Thanks Brad, it’s going well. We have had a surprising number of the letters returned as not deliverable.
    So far over $16,000 in almost all $40 to $100 contributions.
    Thanks to all who have helped!!!!!

14. BRAD DYSINGER

How about a shoot update?

15. Turbine

Thursday, for the singles, about 39 degrees driving rain. As most were too smart to shoot, about 35 shooters. For ‘caps, 41 degrees, drizzle/rain still less than 40 shivering shooters. For the 100 pair of doubles, temperature improved (?) to 42, drizzle continued. About 32 shooters.
    Friday was handicap, singles, handicap clear skies but 20-40 knot winds from Northwest. For those old enough to remember, it was sort of like watching batters trying to hit Hoyt Wilhelm’s knuckle ball. 41 shot the first handicap, top score of 90, second best was 86, lots of scores in the 60’s. I don’t want to talk about the rest of the day. It didn’t get better but the winds got stronger.
    Saturday, 15-20 knot winds from the South brought warmer temperatures and occasionally low targets. A bit more than 60 squads plus a concurrent SCTP event on the 3 western banks. I don’t know how many young people, but they shot for about 5 hours. Good scores in both the championship singles and doubles.
    Sunday, near perfect weather( 67 and bright sun), about 95 squads for the team event. I don’t know about the championship handicap as I had to leave as my step son was hospitalized this morning with Covid.

16. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

Turbine
    I hope your son is dong better.

Up for a good cause.

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.