Michigan advice combine your shoot with Ohio.

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Live Oak, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Live Oak

Live Oak Well-Known Member

I have advice for Michigan. Think about combining your state shoot with Ohio.

2. blacklab

blacklab Active Member Founding Member

or just have the shoot in ohio on a different date than ohio's. you do not need to combine the shoots.

3. Smokintom

Smokintom Mega Poster Founding Member

I don't believe that is ever going to happen.

4. blacklab

blacklab Active Member Founding Member

the way things are going in mich., it maybe the only way mich. is going to have a shoot. also they have financial troubles. they are asking for contributions from shooters.

5. lord maker

lord maker Mega Poster Founding Member

i sent a modest contribution in to MTA. I really hope to shoot at Mason this year.

6. paBOB

paBOB Well-Known Member

How much money do they need?

7. Turbine

Turbine Active Member Past State President

The letter from the MTA says $80,000. I believe that is about what they didn’t make last year.

8. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Think "Corona Virus", many clubs as well as business's have been effected and taken major loss's this past year ... It does not appear to be over yet ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Dobyns likes this.
  9. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

They should apply to the covid relief fund set up by (suragate) biden for relief. Roger C.

wpt likes this.
  10. ljutic329

ljutic329 Mega Poster Founding Member

He wouldn't know where to send it. He also can't spell covid relief fund.

wpt likes this.
  11. Elsie

Elsie Mega Poster

So what's up with Michigan?

Just from the bits and pieces, I'm picking up on this site is it safe to say the Governor hasn't opened the state back up and there might not be a Michigan State Trapshoot this year???

12. Turbine

Elsie, the best information available at this time is that the outdoor assembly limit in Ingram County
    is 1000 people or 25% of capacity whichever is less. For the Michigan Trapshooting Association the limit is 1000 (there were a bit more than 6000 on the grounds in 2019). In recent years, the State Shoots get about 575 shooters total (not all are there on all days). So, allowing for scorers, staff, etc the State Shoot should not be a problem.
    Could this change? Sure, but all anyone can do is communicate what we know. I’ve reserved a camping spot for the Spring Team Shoot, the Great Lakes Grand, the State Shoot, the Central Zone Shoot and the Fall Team Shoot.
    JB

Just Joe likes this.
  13. Elsie

Elsie Mega Poster

Turbine, thanks for the info. This past fall and winter our local health department wouldn't let our little club shoot because of the no gatherings over 50 people. I thought every state was back open but I guess not.

14. Clipperite

Clipperite Active Member

Covid rates are said to be higher now in Michigan than ever. Ohio might not let you guys in the state lol.

Elsie, John Trap and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  15. Is there an update in Michigan.? I hear the witch running the joint is locking the place up again.

16. Turbine

This past Saturday, the Michigan Trapshooting Association had a youth event. It was not a registered event, and had AIM teams, SCTP teams, and High School teams. 239 shooters participated with who knows how many moms, dads, siblings, uncles etc. The shoot went well. The Spring Team Shoot starts this Thursday and there are usually about 600-625 shooters on Sunday for the team event. No issues are expected.

17. alf174

alf174 Well-Known Member Founding Member

Looking forward to this weekend.

BRAD DYSINGER and paBOB like this.