Merlo is in Randolph County Il

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Seitz9010, May 13, 2021.

1. Seitz9010

Seitz9010 Mega Poster

My email says merlo is in Randolph, County IL. Lions, tigers, and bears!

2. Troutbum

Troutbum Active Member

Maybe he's going to shoot league tonight at the WSRC.

3. Brad M

Brad M Well-Known Member

Maybe he (or someone named joe) is going to call IDPH and report the trap secretary for not wearing a mask. Actually he did that. He should of introduced himself and wore a mask properly. I would of loved to give him a tour.

4. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

merlo is a lady. And I hear at least “was working” at the ATA office. I am not sure about being a secretary. merlo is almost always in Randolph County.

Rn3 likes this.
  5. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

Not a “he”. You can ask to look under the hood.

6. Smithy

Smithy Mega Poster Founding Member

I can hear that conversation. I have made this place what it is. We tried getting the SCTP back. We even offered free targets. They will be at the CC for ten years.

They say the grand was better attended before the Korean War. No one gives a rat’s ass right?

And that horse barn is the HOF building. Owned by Illinois but paid for by members. The Martin’s gave money too. That is why their names are here.

Tour is over. I hope you come back. We need the numbers. Thanks for coming to the gun hate state. Time to clean toilets.

7. Does merlo still work at the office?

8. Brad M

Brad M Well-Known Member

From the video footage it looks like a guy... you should know our surveillance is top notch.

History Seeker and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  9. Black Magic

Black Magic Active Member Member State Hall of Fame

Hmmmm.... the ATA has a video of merlo, probably wearing a mask, and the trap secretary is not. Or is the security video from the state?

And the State of Illinois or your boss said to get on the site and say you caught merlo? Just like Lauren told you to tell everyone she isn’t going to enforce state mandates. And there are 15,000 campers again?

And merlo is a guy? Lolol.

Roger Coveleskie and wpt like this.
  10. Black Magic

Black Magic Active Member Member State Hall of Fame

We should have Lauren here to tell us how you got to see the video.

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  11. Brad M

Brad M Well-Known Member

Why would the ATA have the video? I think it’s nice to put names to faces is all. I’m not in the shadows. You can see me most days of the week.

12. Brad M

Brad M Well-Known Member

My tour would not end with the toilets, not my department... I would of gladly posed for a photo with him though.

13. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

Brad M
    Please send the pic on the faux video. The one where merlo you say is a dude.

14. Brad M

Brad M Well-Known Member

Exposing peoples real identity on this site is a no no. I will not violate forum rules to make you happy.

History Seeker likes this.
  15. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Since there isn't much to watch the surveillance system can be crap and still do the job.

16. Flyersarebest

Translation:

I really don't have any video, I just like to stir things up. Some of you really believe me and post a response to what most know is just trolling.

17. Brad M

Brad M Well-Known Member

Kind of like this thread and every other one about Sparta.

18. STaT mAn STaN

STaT mAn STaN Mega Poster

Either your English is bad or math is bad. You implied every other thread about Sparta is bad. Or every other thread is about Sparta. Obviously false. I think that is called a dangling participle.

Flyersarebest likes this.
  19. Flyersarebest

My post

I really don't have any video, I just like to stir things up

You responded to the second part of my post.

How about the first part?

"I really don't have any video.

20. Flyersarebest

Did you ever hear that old saying, It ain't bragging if you can do it?

Well it ain't trolling if it's the truth.

When someone posts the questionnaire that was sent out asking if the ata should move to that place and the overwhelming reply was NO but they moved there anyway it's not a troll.
    That's what happens when an organization that is out of touch with it's members sees a "freebie" that they can't resist. It came back and bit them in the ass.

When someone says the move to ILLnews was stupid, that's not a troll.
    You might want to check the attendance numbers since the ata decided to grab the carrot and move there. If reducing the numbers of shooters by half isn't just plain stupid I don't know what is.

When someone posts that the now deceased graphmaster once said the mid western shooters would make up for any loss of Eastern shooters if they moved, it wasn't a troll
    You might want to do a little research and see how that's working out.

When someone posted that the 'grand" (small case) wasn't going to be held there last year it wasn't a troll.
    Your state said NO WAY so another state had to step in and help.

When someone posted that the ata members had to pay for a HOF building they really didn't own it wasn't a troll
    Check that out and get back to me. And please, don't give me that "above my pay grade BS"

When someone posted the facts about Pull 2012 and the "deal' it wasn't a troll.
    Ask around the water cooler about that little gem and get back to me on that one too.

When someone posted that the SCTP teams were pulling out of that place that your state owns and moving to the Cardinal Center in Ohio it wasn't a troll
    And for 10 YEARS. Do you really think they will EVER come back to your place of employment?

To you it's just a job. A place you go to work. When the state closes the place you will just find another job. I imagine that to you a couple thousand shooters for the GAH event must look overwhelming. To most of us 2000 is a joke. A sad joke to be sure, but still a joke.

To the THOUSANDS of shooters that USED to attend the biggest shoot of the year it was a lot more than just some place with side walks and trap houses that need painting or grass that needed cut. To us, the die hard Trap shooters that planned there lives around shooting, it was a life style and when the good ole' boys in the ata jumped at a chance for what they thought was a free ride they killed that.

I didn't leave the ata, the ata left me.

Since you are pretty much a newb I don't expect you to understand any of that. I DO expect a reply to my question in the post above this one about the video you claim to have. If you really don't have such a thing just say so and we will write it off for what it was, just a silly troll attempt to try and stir things up.

21. Brad M

Brad M Well-Known Member

I was wondering when you would bring that up. It comes up in every Sparta thread. Sorry you got screwed. Nothing is going to change. You should know that by now.

22. Brad M

Brad M Well-Known Member

There is video.

23. Flyersarebest

Of course it comes up in every sparta thread. Ignoring the members wishes and warnings, the pathetic number of people that go there, and the continued loss of shooters ( SCTP) was such a gigantic screw up what in the hell do you think they are going to say?

"Nothing is going to change"

That's the sad part of the joke.

You should know that by now

I knew that 16 years ago. So did all the members of the ata that told them not to move to your state.

24. Brad M

Brad M Well-Known Member

But you continue to bring it up.
    The current members either don’t care, don’t want to care or wouldn’t show up to any shoot as a sign of protest. If the members wanted, they could make a change. I’ve said it before, elect a delegate or delegates who want to change things the way you want them. The process is there. Get enough of the people who you don’t like voted out and you can have it your way, you can fix the problems you see within the organization. It just takes enough people who want to make a change.

25. User 1

User 1 Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

OH ..... MY ..... GOD ...... N1H1 speaks from the 'other side' ......

Look this stuff up dumb-ass ..... it has been beat to death here ...... IT IS NOT POSSIBLE ..... LOOK IT UP .....

Flyersarebest and wpt like this.
  26. Brad M

Brad M Well-Known Member

As to not get the forum off topic, private message me with how an elected position of delegate is not possible with enough votes?

27. User 1

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ..... I WILL NOT WASTE MY TIME ......

Look it up on YOUR OWN .....

Start with how the past president declared himself the "winner" in his "elected position of delegate" .....

Troll away ..... if you want anyone to take you for more than a half-ass troll shill ...... educate YOURSELF .....

BRAD DYSINGER and wpt like this.
  28. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Brad M. obviously isn't in the know on how things work in the ATA, how the EC/BOD by design is impossible to to get enough people in to get the changes made that have to be made to get the ATA to flourish once again ... Those that get on the EC reap the rewards and financial gains that at one time did not exist or at least it was not obvious if in fact they did, as they stand in line for the new presidential gun and expense check for $20 K (so they can act as well as play the big shot ) ... The clubs that are capable of hosting and probably expanding (edit) the attendance of the "grand" do not need another shoot added to their schedules and seem to be doing quite well with out the additional BS of having to Baby sit the ED, EC, and many of the BOD who suck up in hopes of moving on up ... If Brad M. is as smart as he thinks he is he won't give up his day job, in the mean time he does add a comical flare to the site in a special sort of way (NOT) ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  29. Jim/Canton

Jim/Canton Mega Poster

Brad M
    We didn’t feel we needed a change in ATA management. We created the Cardinal Center. It was throwing registered targets before Sparta.

Between Ohio and PA we have plenty of great shoots. Without the criminal element. We want you guys to stay in the gun hate state.

You need us. We don’t need you. Keep cleaning the potties out there.

30. Flyersarebest

Wow, you’re right. I thought I clicked on an old post by the graphmaster by mistake.
    Did they put that on the wall somewhere at that place with a Big notice above it?

Any time anyone mentions the ata screwing up just read this to them

It’s like one of those scammers that call and read the script off a piece of paper.

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  31. Flyersarebest

I know you meant expanding when you typed expending but the word expending actually describes just what the ata did.

They used up the all the people that were willing to go to that place.

Not that difficult to do really. Just look at the numbers

wpt likes this.
  32. Flyersarebest

First, ask around the cooler who Frank Rively is.
    Second, ask what happened to him when he wanted to see and hear what happens at one of those meetings where policy and decisions are made

You think a “delegate” is going rock the boat?

Your “ newbieness” is showing again.

33. STaT mAn STaN

STaT mAn STaN Mega Poster

Only one in 8-9 targets in Ohio and PA are registered. You are right in your own ignorant way. Many of the shooters in those states quit shooting registered. They don’t need the ATA. And they hate gun hate states. Both states have non registered shoots bigger than satellite grands. Yes, you are right. You don’t get much of what is left that doesn’t care.

The SCTP National Championship is out of Sparta. 4000 plus shooters. Your targets were too expensive at free. That is $0.0 per target and it was too expensive. Ten year contract at the Cardinal Center.

I am 80% sure you are at least partially responsible for the quality there. And I am equally sure your trolling statements reflect WSRC management.

I suggest focusing on improving the statistics on your end Brad M. Even the great graphmeister would say your grade is failing. As are your numbers.

34. Flyersarebest

Beat on all those mid western shooters that don’t show up. According to Winston they were supposed to make up the difference.

35. rickyd

rickyd Active Member

If I were the King of Sparta I would spend more time putting up pictures and stories of my successes. We don’t see those pictures of large groups of kids. Look at the pictures sections. PA and OH has a plethora of fun shown. Most are from FG.

Note to Brad M.

Are you promoting or trolling today?

wpt and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  36. Brad M

Brad M Well-Known Member

Honestly, why would I post pictures that will just get bashed on? "looks like only a few kids.... In OHIO we had 10 times as many... The Grand should of never left OHIO... free targets weren't enough... Ohio this, Ohio that..." I can see those comments. I would not want to degrade the kids performance by bashing where they are shooting.I will have some soon. We have a regional shoot next week.

I am neither promoting or trolling today. To All: come and visit if you want. No need to use fake names or lurk around. We're friendly here.

Rn3 likes this.
  37. rickyd

rickyd Active Member

You sound very bitter Brad M. Username Hasbeen just posted great pictures. He is proud of his club. If bitterness and trolling makes you feel better, then have at it. Things must be going great there? Lol

troll on.

wpt likes this.
  38. User 1

Same old crap like from others before this one ......

From you .....
    The head custodian, that "attends" the entire grand "and then some" away from home, and is SO BROKE he can only shoot one Event ..... is not allowed to disclose the content of a "private e-mail" ..... and ..... refuses to show proof of the "video" he is "privy to" ......

Heck ..... there are five year old children around here that can write better fiction than all that .......

39. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Fantastic Direction????

dr.longshot and wpt like this.
  40. Flyersarebest

The direction the ata has taken depends on where you shoot.

Here in the Northern hemisphere the direction is clockwise
    In the Southern it is counter clockwise

41. User 1

I don't think the money-grabbers gave it time to swirl down the porcelain throne .....

More of the way of the old one-hole out-house ..... a free-fall into the dung-heap of history .....

Never forget to repeat the lie, that 'they' had to move to the boondoggle ..... you know ..... it had to happen fast, before anyone could figure out the lie .....

42. wpt

The ATA's move was based on desperation being as they burned bridges and had no place else to go with the limited amount of time left still in need of a place to host the grand ... Initially the ATA considered a purchase, the problem that existed was the site did not (could not) pass the due diligence the ATA paid a lot of money to develop and put together so they opted for a lease, then MOU, then who knows what or if anything at all ... Haste make waste my Momma always said, this is a PRIME Example of same ... The State of Illinois cut many corners to put the site together and make it usable even if it was sub standard by code ... The roads crumble because there was no compacted material used as a base, besides that there are many other areas that are not up to and never were up to code ... There was talk about a 50 million dollar project up on completion, its never been completed and here it is 15 /16 years after the fact ... The State at one time said they did not have the additional funding needed to complete the facility as agreed on originally (per the States Web site over 5 years ago ) with the site adding to the States financial woes by over 23 million dollars over the course of time since it opened ... The facility will in all probability will be torn down before they ever get around to getting the funding to complete it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

43. Brad M

Brad M Well-Known Member

Actually there was a small amount of material but not enough. I was told that when the road was repaired a few years ago, there were spots with less than an inch of base in some spots. I think the standard is 3-7. The repaired part was excavated 3 foot and a proper base put in. It’s a shame it was not done right the first time. I also heard the roads were never “designed” to handle the agricultural equipment that uses it every day. They local farmers come through several times daily. I’ve seen some of the original prints and the facility if it would(unlikely ever) be completed would be great. 4 bunkers, 2 additional vendor buildings, outdoor amphitheater, off road course, 1,000yd berm, cabins, hiking trails and lots of other amenities. All of these things could of seen the facility in a truly multi use view. Unfortunately in my opinion this will never happen no matter how hard some try.

44. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

Don't forget the cabins!

2013 IDNR REPORT TO ATA

211 The next item on the Agenda was a report to be given by personnel from the Illinois
    212 Department of Natural Resources (IDNR). President Radway introduced Marc Miller, Director
    213 of IDNR, and Art Ashbrook, Executive Director of the World Shooting and Recreational Complex
    214 (WSRC), to give the report. The following items were discussed:

215 □ The weed control problem on the grounds of the WSRC discussed during the exit
    216 meeting at last year’s Grand American has been corrected. The grounds are in
    217 excellent shape this year.

218 □ Mr. Ashbrook and Mr. Miller declined to discuss any personnel issues at the
    219 WSRC except for the fact that a marketing position is currently open.

220 □ IDNR is currently working with the Trapshooting Hall of Fame to construct an
    221 exhibition building on the grounds of the WSRC.

222 □ Even though the state of Illinois is currently having financial problems, it will
    223 continue to support and fund the WSRC project and honor the contract with the
    224 ATA.

225 □ The Grand American provides an economic impact of nine to ten million dollars
    226 to this regional area of Illinois, and the WSRC provides a total economic impact
    227 of twenty-five to thirty million dollars to this area.

228 □ Cabins will be constructed on the grounds of the WSRC and should be available
    229 for rental at next year’s Grand American.

230 President Radway and members of the Executive Committee expressed their
    231 appreciation for the outstanding working relationship that exists between the ATA and IDNR.

[ E. C. MINUTES, August 5, 2013, page 22 ]

John Trap and wpt like this.
  45. User 1

Good ol'N1H1 gave 'us' this .....

46. Brad M

Brad M Well-Known Member

Never knew or saw that, I think Art may of left on questionable terms. At that time his position was Politically appointed. I’ve never come across any prints for the cabins in my research I know there was to be 10-15 along the East entrance along cardinal road. From the prints, it looks as though the infrastructure was put in, but the cabins were never built. Honestly, they would probably be in disrepair by this point.

47. User 1

You seem to post a lot from that position ..... and then want to play 'smart kid in the room', as if everyone else is too stupid to understand anything .....

Read slow ..... the boondoggle was built on lies and against 'their' own research ..... then the lies continued ..... your employment can not/will not change that .....

Again, you seem to prefer to post from "never knew or saw that", rather than taking the time to educate yourself to understand the bitterness .....

John Trap, BRAD DYSINGER and wpt like this.
  48. Brad M

Brad M Well-Known Member

I understand your bitterness. Things change, some for good, some for bad, all of your “bitterness” happened before my time as a member. The Ata has done nothing to make me bitter.

49. wpt

Brad M.
    There are members who have been a member/ Life member of the ATA longer than you are probably old, knowing the difference is what makes and gives those members reason to be bitter ... The ATA put it and the membership in a position of going from bad to worse, nothing in between (owner to renter) .... You can sugar coat BS and it is still BS and will taste pretty much the same ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  50. User 1

Really ??????

You spend so much time being a shill for the 'place', you never tell us how you feel about the 'shoot' ..... you know ..... the reason most go to the 'place' ......

As a ATA member ...... how do you feel about all the Mulligans ?????

As a ATA member ...... do you think paying money 'hi-gun' is a good thing for most shooters ?????

As a ATA member ...... do you think having to break a 100X100 most of the time in all classes and yardages, is a good thing for most shooters ?????

As a ATA member ...... how do you think someone, who has NEVER broke a score out of the 80's, feels about "attending" a shoot they can break 10 targets better than their best ever, and not get a smell at anything ??????

As a ATA member ...... what do you think about the book of confusion, aka 'rule book' ??????

And much much more that you refuse to tell us about ......

Roger Coveleskie and wpt like this.
  51. wpt

Now that it has been determined that the grand will be in Illinois, due to the Corona Virus the President of the ATA ( Paul Shaw) has not been allowed to leave his country (quarantine) how does that work with the Presidential Presentation of the new gun the out going president gets once his "Spin in the Barrel" is completed as well as the Check for 20 K for expenses ..? If the presidential duties were done via the computer, phone, mail, and or Pony Express this would surely not be the way business is conducted in a usual manner so does he (Paul Shaw) not get a gun and check or do the members get screwed again even worse than they usually do ..? Just asking for a friend, but got me thinking ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

52. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

Brad M, I appreciate your time in responding to the many discussions. I really do.

The offer of cabins was first made 10 years prior to the 2013 minutes I posted. Mr. Ashbrook and Mr. Miller were only reminding the ATA of the IDNR's earlier promise. They were not making an offer.

The offer of constructing cabins by the IDNR was very ambiguous and failed to mention it was only 10-15 cabins.

The offer was with full knowledge of the Governor, IDNR Director and the Project Manager. I assure you that the ATA and shooting members were led to believe it would be more than simply 10 to 15 cabins. And their location was as you said, along the East end waterway.

Additionally, Illinois representatives also provided their intentions of having a total of 1500 RV spaces.

I would think cabins would be a great attraction at the WSRC and I wouldn't think the IDNR would permit them to fall into disorder.

Just wanted to make the history clear for readers. These facts are documented.

HB

Flyersarebest likes this.