Medical Profession today is scary ...

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by wpt, May 6, 2021.

1. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

I have to have a heart catherization for a blockage that is affecting my breathing at Arizona Heart Hospital ... I had open heart surgery 10-05 -2011 @ 5:15 PM ( ask me how I know ) , so I get all the tests done and all set up for the procedure get there and find out they cannot do it because I took a blood thinner that morning ... I also found out they had Fentynal (?) ordered for sedation and all of my Doctors are aware of the FACT that Fentynal and I do not get along, puts me in anafilactic (?) and respiratory (?) arrest, long story short it would kill me ... Just a heads up to check, double check then check it again if you are going to be getting any medical procedures done in this new day and age ... My biggest fear has always been Fear itself, I'm real close to changing my mind on that one, on top of that getting old sucks ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

2. ljutic329

ljutic329 Mega Poster Founding Member

I've had it done.

Thank God my hospital knew what they were doing.

Good Luck

Will send prayers.

Ya gotta be tough to get old.

3. wpt

Thanks, I had one before for some reason knocks the living crap out of me ... 04-21-21 they put a Pace maker with defib in and I felt like I got the living hell beat out of me for 5 days ... I just have to ask a lot of questions and get the right answers so they do not kill me trying to save my life ... Then after all this we are going to die any way ... I must be doing something right, bunch of people praying for me and no doubt a few going the other way ... I just feel like this is a Battle I cannot win, we will see ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

WPT I've had a Ruptured Brain Aneurysm in 1997, a bleeding ulcer twice in 75 and 88 that put me in the hospital both times, an emergency appendectomy in 2010 and 5 by passes in 2016 where I went right from the stress test to the operating table. I'm still around and I'll tell you the praying must work. When I had the aneurysm I had shooters telling me that they were praying for me that I'm sure God thought were long gone from the earth.

When people tell me I'm lucky to be on the green side I tell them my theory which is one place don't want me and the other's afraid I will take over.

Good Luck and we'll be putting in a good word for you. You are right getting old sucks but it's better than the other choice.

wpt likes this.
  5. wpt

We must just live right ... I could write a book on the Medical screw ups after being told nothing but a routine procedure by some Medical Expert ... Good thing all us old guys are doing this, it would kill the kids now days ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Flyersarebest likes this.
  6. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Minor stuff compared to you guys. A shattered left leg below the knee in 2006 ( a bolt and 8 screws) and a right hip replacement in 2015. The thing that stuck out, besides part of the left leg, was that in both operations they actually drew an X on the part they would be operating on.

Think about for a second. They have to mark the spot so the "surgeon" doesn't cut into the wrong part.

Ask questions and don't let them double talk you. If you aren't exactly sure what they mean, ASK UNTIL YOU DO UNDERSTAND.

Remember, SOMEBODY had to finish LAST in their medical class.

BRAD DYSINGER, wpt and rookieshooter like this.
  7. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

I just finished washing off the X over my right eye for my eye surgery.

Flyersarebest, BRAD DYSINGER and wpt like this.
  8. wpt

Well, I got through all that (so far) but still have problems with the breathing ... They did find a blockage in a main artery (90%) , cleared that and put in 2 stents said it may take a little while for breathing be less restricted ... I have a Doctors appointment today to see what the plan is to move forward ... I have had 5 Doctors ask me about the Covid Vaccines, told them I am not interested in being a Lab Rat for the makers ... Not for sure what I am expecting but do know it has to be better then this ... Still holding on to some hope, see what happens ... WPT ... (YAC) ...