Meat Grinder Recommendation ?

Discussion in 'Hunters' Talk & Fish Tales -' started by RednBlue, Dec 17, 2021.

1. RednBlue

RednBlue Active Member

It's time that I upgrade my game processing equipment and buy a meat grinder for the deer and antelope that I've been hunting lately.
    I have a couple of bags of trimmings, etc. that need to be ground for hamburger or sausage and while I could take them somewhere I'd rather do it at home.
    Budget is about $ 300.00

2. Agrid

Agrid Active Member

I have a LEM Big Bite 5# grinder and their 5# stuffer. I’ve ground and stuffed 20lbs at a time and felt it was a sufficiently sized setup. They’re well made and heavy duty but not so much that they’re difficult to store or handle. Fit into a cabinet no problem. The 5# stuffer size works well for me because even a 5lb load is about 15 links, which lasts me for a while. When I do larger batches like 15-20lbs, I usually stuff multiple varieties and the 5lb stuffer canister is a good amount for each style of sausage.

firewater likes this.
  3. IowaShooter

IowaShooter Well-Known Member

If you are handy there are a number of YouTube Video on building a meat grinder.
    Most of these are built with them using belts and pullies, Not a bad way but its not the best way.
    I built mine with a Hand driven NO.#32, its the largest model made, it is connected to a Gear Reduction of 60:1 and a C frame motor.
    This build was around 300$ to build.

If you do the grinding you will find that some of the connective tissue will gum up the grinder, Simple fix get yourself a few boxes of Saltine crackers and add some as you grind the meat this will mix with you meat but will not hurt its taste.

Hope this helps