LOP

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by Joe Winnicki, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Joe Winnicki

Joe Winnicki Guest

I've sold a lot of guns over the years and one thing I've noticed you can describe a gun in every minuet detail but leave out the Length of Pull (LOP) and people are all over it, LOP is my last concern in purchasing a shotgun because a shim or a simple change of the butt pad and BINGO you're right where you need to be ! Be it a shotgun or rifle I'll manage to make some slight change in any new gun I've purchased most of my rifles have adjustable combs as do my shotguns if I haven't completely replaced the stock.

50 years ago while in high school I was working for a gunsmith I bought a Charles Daly 20 gauge skeet gun my first O/U for $225.00 I quickly noticed the comb was too low I cut off the top of the existing comb off and added a spacer thus making the world's first parallel comb. Not sure about but I was ahead of the curve by years.

Below is a file picture of a couple of .22s plus a .17 WSM (red stock) and a old m12 20gauge. Three of the rimfires have Boyd's custom stocks 2 with raised combs one with adjustable comb.

Joe Winnicki, Reno, Nevada

Attached Files: