Looking for Loading Bench Ideas or Plans

Discussion in 'Reloading Bench' started by Matt Dearth, Mar 1, 2022.

1. Matt Dearth

Matt Dearth Member

I'm looking for ideas on a loading bench build. I will have 2- MEC 9000H side by side utilizing the same pump. I will also have a 9000G and a Single Stage on it as well. I would like to drop finished shells through the bench to drawers below. I would have plastic bins for wads and casings one on either side of each 9000H. Any pictures or recommendations with measurement will be appreciated.

2. TerryS

TerryS New Member

Here's one. I built it several years ago and really like it.

Mod Edit: I deleted the link you posted as per the site rules. You can PM the link to anyone interested in those bench plans

Flyersarebest

Matt Dearth likes this.
  3. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

You can get a countertop in 8' or 10' lengths from your local lumber yard. Doesn't need to be expensive. A formica top will work. I've used a 4x4 post for support legs.

Tsphens and A26A like this.
  4. Billy

Billy Mega Poster

I used 2x10s and 4x4post probably overkill but that’s what carpenters do !

Flyersarebest likes this.
  5. 6820g

6820g Active Member

All metal office desk’s work Great. You can find them on Facebook marketplace cheap or for free also craigslist. 66703849-A52B-4793-9F28-631F4E0E6467.jpeg

Tsphens, A26A and John Trap like this.
  6. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

The ❤️ Luv You Dad sign is a must !

Dobyns likes this.
  7. david j burke

david j burke Active Member

Use a butcher block for the top. It's not cheap but well worth the money. DO NOT GLUE UP ALL THE SCRAP 2X4 IN THE SHOP IT TAKES FOREVER. Of course I did it this way!

8. BOB711

BOB711 Member

Nice looking reloading room

9. Tsphens

Tsphens Active Member

This looks nice.

10. Bob Williams

Bob Williams Well-Known Member

This is my bench and room renovations

Attached Files:

Flyersarebest likes this.
  11. brown hat

brown hat Member

This is my current reload table. It’s a Husky bench available at Home Depot. It is adjustable for height and very stable. I have several presses and just c clamp on the one on that I want to use. It’s available in different widths.

12. brown hat

brown hat Member

13. amboy49

There are plans available from the National Reloading Manufacturers Association (I think) for a reloading bench.
    One thing I could recommend is to consider the mount that MEC sells that reloaders slide into after it's been mounted to the bench. Makes changing over reloaders a 15 second process. I used to try to have all my reloaders set up in the bench. That became impossible with my present inventory of eight reloaders.

Another thought is to look for a solid core door at one of the big box stores.

14. amboy49

Here is the photo of the bench. Plans are available at the same place. B17A105C-C87C-4D84-B65B-3A397BF08321.jpeg

15. Ray Bly

Ray Bly Member

here is mine with stainless steel top.

Attached Files: