Labor Day, Oh Boy, was it great.

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Flyersarebest, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Hegins PA

Pigeon ring.png

IMG_6362.JPG

Wish I could be celebrating Labor Day here just one more time. The American Flag and Flyers. How I miss it

The old rope pull spring loaded boxes. 10 traps per ring. Odd numbers shoot rings1 and 3. Evens shoot 2 and 4 and when they turn the crank, switch.

Bring me Five! And watch that one back by the fence.

Best damn time in my life.

2. Flyersarebest

And as Mr. Dysinger said in his most eloquent post on another thread.

The only time we complained was if the birds weren't hard enough.

rookieshooter, BRAD DYSINGER and wpt like this.
  3. Billy

Billy Mega Poster

Great Club and members shot there over 30 years ago !!

4. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Where was the club in PA. that you shot over gully And the ring slanted down hill. I shot my first birds there. Roger C.

5. Billy

Billy Mega Poster

Ski’s in Bucks County maybe it’s been at least 40
    Years ago that I was there

6. Releasetgr

Releasetgr Active Member

Waited anxiously for Hegins / Valley View every Labor Day Start of Flyer shoots !! The club where we shot over the Gully was Al Meyers in connelsville .

7. Flyersarebest

I thought the same thing. That was my first shoot. I started to type Al's name but then saw Roger said the rings were down hill. Weren't the rings kinda on the uphill side across that little gully?

8. Roger Coveleskie

They sloped from back to front . then came the gully. When a bird came at you it was hard not to shoot over it. Roger C.

9. Flyersarebest

Well Roger, it sounds like the place we were thinking of. An old White house Al used for signing up and the 2 rings to the left of it. I don’t remember if he even used that house for his home. I vaguely remember someone telling me he just used it for his shoots. Releastgr shot a LOT more pigeons than I ever did so he might remember.

BTW, the birds were $3.00 each.

The card game was on the 2nd floor in one of the bedrooms. I do remember fellow member RVH and I both lost all our poker playing money in about 20 minutes the one day. LOL

Pigeons and Gambling, go figure. Ha!

10. Roger Coveleskie

That sounds like the place.. First time I shot there was a disaster. My first five birds came at me and were following the drop in the field, missed all five.
    The shooters standing in the back clapped for me. I thought that was mean. Roger C.

11. Flyersarebest

The dreaded “LOAD EM’

12. Flyersarebest

Roger, sorry to hear that but they were being kind.:D

Did you ever have two guys standing behind you and you could hear them talking? And they knew it.

Twenty bucks he misses the next one

Or when it’s down to just you and one other guy in a $50 miss and out have a “spectator” that had too many beers, come up to you as you were walking to the mark and say

You ain’t s^*#. You’re goin to miss the next one and my friend Carl is going to win all the money.

LOL, the trick was to not have what they called “rabbit ears”. If they saw they could get to you, you were cooked.
    Still the best shooting game on the planet.