Jack Fishburn has passed.

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Just Joe, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Just Joe

Just Joe Administrator Staff Member

I am sorry to break the news on the passing of Jack Fishburn. I will not tell the Jack Fishburn story. I will leave that with the trapshooting community.

2. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

Very sad news. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family. Mr. Fishburn will be missed by a great many people.

3. Past OSTA President Tim Hunsaker

Past OSTA President Tim Hunsaker Moderator Forum Reporter Forum Leader

The passing of Jack Fishburn will resonate throughout the trapshooting community. Jack was a visonary that made countless contributions to the OSTA and he'll be missed by many, many people................................. Rest in peace, Jack

4. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

Very sorry to hear the news. Mr. Fishburn will be greatly missed by all.

5. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Forum Reporter Founding Member Forum Reporter

WHAT A WONDERFUL MAN. I had more than one cup of coffee with him. What an interesting person. RIP. The trapshooters from everywhere will truly miss u.

6. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Sincere Condolences to Family and Friends, R I P Sir you will be missed by many ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Ken Cerney and Just Joe like this.
  7. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Jack Fishburn was a Man's man, You couldn't say it can't be done to him, He did it, and Really donated a Shooting Mega Facility, the best of the best for him, He built a Small Hospital in his wifes Name, and a Garden at the Cardinal Center to Remember her. Look what he did for the Young Shooters, Rifle Range, Skeet Range, I Will miss him as Greatly as Others of the Trapshooting Community, GOD BLESS JACK FISHBURN.

Gary Bryant GB...................................DLS

8. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

R.I.P. Jack, You will be greatly missed by many, Thank You for having been, and supporting the shooting sports. Roger C.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    Ken Cerney, Just Joe and wpt like this.
  9. T Jordan

T Jordan Well-Known Member V I P

RIP Jack you built the best shooting grounds in the country. We will miss you dearly.

10. pump gun guy

pump gun guy Active Member

Prayers going out for his family !

11. alf174

alf174 Well-Known Member Founding Member

Godspeed Mr Fishburn.

12. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Words alone simply can't express what Jack and his family have meant to the trapshooting family in general and the Ohio shooters in particular. So sad to hear of his passing, but his memories will be with our trapshooting family forever. Our prayers are with the family.

Dave Berlet

13. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I'll miss Jack and the conversations about just things we would have, farming, politics, trap shooting. I could see Jack had failed a lot these last couple of years but we always managed to talk about something.

All the trap shooters owe Jack a thank you and I know he was always amazed by how many shooters would tell him so. He was a very interesting man. and I'd say friend. Ann and I will miss him as we did Karen. Our prayers are with the family.

Just Joe, History Seeker, wpt and 3 others like this.
  14. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

It is very difficult to ignore a Man who was a friend to so many people who really never got to meet him face to face ... There is a "Special Place" in Heaven for people like Mr Fishburn and there should be a place made ready in the Hall of Fame also for his support and contributions to the sports of Clay targets shooting .... WPT ... (YAC) ...

R I P Sir ...

History Seeker and Just Joe like this.
  15. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

Well said.
    RIP

Just Joe likes this.
  16. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

I'm sure there will be a memorial shoot in his Honor!

History Seeker and Just Joe like this.
  17. Union Strong

Union Strong Well-Known Member

Jack was one of the humblest people I ever met.

18. Just Joe

Just Joe Administrator Staff Member

Jack’s last drive thru the Cardinal Center will be Friday at 9:00 am.