Jack Fishburn’s last drive thru the Cardinal Center Friday 9:00 am

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Just Joe, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Just Joe

Just Joe Administrator Staff Member

As the title says.

Jack’s last drive thru the Cardinal Center will be Friday at 9:00 am.

2. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

R.I.P. JACK Roger C.

dr.longshot, Ken Cerney and Just Joe like this.
  3. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Forum Reporter Founding Member Forum Reporter

I wished I could attend. But, do to prior commitments it will not be possible. What a wonderful man. A lot of the shooters are grateful for everything he done for out trapshooting activities. But, remember all the work he done with the rifle and pistol ranges, bunker trap, skeet fields and the sporting clay fields. BUT, think about ALL the items he done for the community. Look at all the items just around the entrance to the Cardinal. Urgent care, Doctors and dentist offices, laundry mat, the restaurant, child care and the Dollar Tree warehouse. Think about the jobs and services he brought to the area. Remember THIS IS JUST WHAT YOU CAN SEE AT THE CARDINAL CENTER. Just think about all the great items he done throughout the community that you do not see or have not heard about. One last story about Jack that I think was very neat. Not sure how many years ago this happened. But, I was outside my camping unit getting prepared for the day. Jack and his ole beatup white pickup truck stopped. Jack got out of his truck and said he was out in the youth group from my church sweet corn patch this morning and picked a pickup truck of sweet corn. He was going through the camp grounds giving everyone some sweet corn. Think about the effort it took this one man to shuck a pickup bed full of sweet corn and give it away.

4. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

I hope someone gets some pictures so Mr Fishburn can be a permanent part of the "Last Ride" at Cardinal Center ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

dr.longshot likes this.
  5. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

I will get the pictures.

Ken Cerney, dr.longshot and wpt like this.
  6. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Thank you .... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Forum Reporter Founding Member Forum Reporter

Thanks, family guy. I think Jack would appreciate you doing that. I know all of us shooters would really like to see some pic's.

Ken Cerney, dr.longshot and wpt like this.
  8. cl3

cl3 Mega Poster Founding Member

Thanks for posting.

dr.longshot likes this.
  9. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

When Jack Built the CARDINAL CENTER and it was almost finished the Ohio Highway Dept said you cannot open it up, Entrance is too close to I-71, JACK SAID THAT'S what you think, Come back in A WEEK, He had the POWER POLES MOVED BACK and the New ENTRANCE BUILT UP THE ROAD, and SAID It's OPEN, JACK WAS ONE OF THE Trustees of the power company, And no hold up was encountered. The Highway Dept. Official just pushed his hat back.

And the property the OSTA owned he Bought Back, He Hit Oil On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GB...........................DLS

10. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

The first day of the First shoot one of girls working in the Kitchen Cooler dropped a GALLON OF MILK spilled it every where, Jack walked in and grabbed a MOP and a Bucket said I'll get this mess, you go back to work, I saw this take place.

GB....................................DLS

pump gun guy likes this.
  11. dr.longshot

My Brother-in-Law worked for Jack on his farm after he retired from Borden's, He lived not far from the Cardinal.

GB..........................DLS