I'm a slow learner

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by 635 G, May 5, 2022.

1. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

Well I refuse to use a smart phone-love flip phones- all I use it for is for calls, well the Admiral's smart phone crashed the other day & she got the same phone as mine & she discovered it has voice activated texting, I can text now

By the way my first phone was in 1983 a Nokia Mobira-it weighed about 20 lbs, battery life was 30 minutes if it wasn't plugged in, cost was $2800.00 & air time was a $1.00 a minute each way.

Gotta love progress

Tsphens likes this.
  2. Maser

Maser ∞ Based ∞

It doesn't matter how old you are. You can be 5 or 105. When we experience new technology for the first time, we instantly turn back into a little kid again. I used to use a flip phone and was pretty good at texting while the phone was still in my pocket. Fast forward to when I got my first smart phone after getting my arm twisted enough. I instantly fell in love with it. First thing I did was wander around my city with the GPS app on and was following myself on the map. Bet I looked like a nutcase running back an forth to see myself moving faster on the map.

Speedshots0 and Tsphens like this.
  3. Tsphens

Tsphens Active Member

Exactly! You've said it all.

4. Speedshots0

Speedshots0 Active Member

I love technology, I have use motorola flip phone and SonyEricson too but i will jump on Samsung if there's a new forth while function.

frogjump likes this.
  5. Shooter11

Shooter11 Isaiah 30:18

Your cell phone is a tool, not a curse. Use what you like and don't worry about the rest. It isn't alive and isn't out to get you!

frogjump likes this.
  6. frogjump

frogjump Active Member

I still use a Motorola flip cellphone. good alarm system, surfs the web and its very handy.