I have learned we have a lot of knowledgable shooters on here.

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by dr.longshot, Feb 6, 2015.

1. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Knowledgable shooters are a great asset to the ATA and trapshooting, some have designed a lot of inventions, like Soft Touch, PFS, Adj combs, Hydraulic Loaders, Etc.What a great bunch of trapshooters we have on here. I want to thank every one of the4m for their ideas and inventions to the sport of Trapshooting. Plus keeping tabs on the ATA rules and the results of their actions good and bad. Things are better handled by looking at the positive side of a thread, not just negative.
    Dr.longshot

Ken Cerney likes this.
  2. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

I called Winchester Shotshell Mfg. Division and asked one of their Tech Staff what tolerances in Fps do they load their AA shells to in the 1200fps and 1250fps shells, He said that wasPropietary information, so I asked if you held the fps to closer than + or - 90fps, he said yes but how close is, Propietary Information, I asked about the powder you use and he said we get all out powder from Hodgdon.
    I told him I load my Win AA shells to closer tolerances than +or- 90fps, he said yes you can as you are loading on a smaller scale than we do. All he was allowed to say was ( yes closer than +or-90fps) that's a pretty wide window. I asked of the Win Super Hdcp Powder I buy from Hodgdon is the same, he said we buy all our powder from Hodgdon.
    Dr.longshot

KAC, Smokintom and Ken Cerney like this.
  3. Don't Ban Me Bro

Don't Ban Me Bro Active Member

Thanks for sharing that Doctor.

4. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

Thanks Gary.

5. Smokintom

Smokintom Mega Poster Founding Member

Thank you Gary. Now if it would just warm up.

6. Laserwizard

Laserwizard Active Member Founding Member

You're right Gary. There's a ton of info on here. Personally I'm intrigued by the discussions of the old ATA. I am in a younger generation and did not get to experience the ATA of old. It's quite interesting to me, the things that have gone on and the way things have changed. I do actively shoot ATA and quite often, so all I really know are the rules of today.

Thank you for all of your interesting ATA posts, I'm learning a lot of how things used to be.

Flyersarebest likes this.