I am a MECOHOLIC

Discussion in 'Reloading Bench' started by southjblue, Jan 13, 2021.

1. southjblue

southjblue Well-Known Member

This is my reloading bench

IMG_0631.jpg IMG_0632.jpg IMG_0633.jpg IMG_0634.jpg IMG_0635.jpg

As you can see, I have a good bench---
    Started over many yrs ago.
    My 1st loader was a Mec 500---Still on the bench and in use when needed.
    I have enjoyed Mec with great success. Every loader on the bench works great.
    All except the 1st 500 was bought used and reworked as needed with a lot of help
    with the technical service from Mec----
    The loaders are as follows
    Mec 500--8567 Grabber---4- 9000H---20ga mec650
    I will say that there are some hick-ups but with tech help I get through them.
    The most aggravating can be the primer drop but I live with it.
    One h has a mechanical charge bar and is like perfect with the drop.
    I do reopen each shell with an oversized ink pen to insure a perfect wad drop.
    Will consider that tube in stage one but resizing gives me something to do and takes
    no time.
    Hope this thread is enjoyed by a MECOHOLIC

George@SJB

2. nickthanos

nickthanos Well-Known Member

Over the years I have had a Pacifica that worked fine. Wanted more uniform loads, and then went to a MEC 9000, then to the MEC 9000H then added two more MEC 9000 H's. Friends that had PW's all had some issues over the years. I have not had issues with the 9000H's, especially after they upgraded the primer feed trays. I have had to fine tune the machines for the different hulls I load. I like the Fed hulls for winter shooting with 20 Gr. of Clay dot, and the Rem hulls for 16 yd. league shooting with 18 Gr. of Green dot. I use Fiochi primers with no miss fires in over 20 years. My favorite powder for all loading was the SOLO 1000, but that went the way of the Conestoga wagon; too bad.

3. david j burke

david j burke Active Member

dude, you have to dress up those wires. Besides safety hazard, you made my head explode. I'm running two 9000 Automate with foot pedals and they are awesome. Never use the stupid collet grease, it's a dirt magnet. I run 'em dry with a drop of light oil and they just chunk away happily.

4. southjblue

Thanks David
    SJB

5. southjblue

Correction made---Each unit has it's own terminal----The light was only a temporary
    use and never turned on while connected .Thanks---I've been lucky for the past 40 yrs.
    I enjoy my bench and each unit has it's own purpose.
    I shoot at least 400 targets a wk. weather permitting using many different loads.
    SJB

6. southjblue

David---Each unit has it's own wiring which goes from terminal to energize the pump.
    The pump is at least 15 ft. from the unit.
    There is NO wiring near the unit.
    What you might think is wiring is hydraulic tubing used to energize the unit.
    Hope that eases your mind. The one wire that is curled is connected to a elect drill
    used to clean my gun barrel and that has been uncurled.
    It would be interesting to see your bench which could help.
    I am always interested in perfection.
    Thanks
    SJB

7. Billy

Billy Mega Poster

Where’s the Dillon LOL Billy

8. southjblue

Dillon---sold---Great loader I just like Mecs better----less moving parts

9. southjblue

I had an electrician check my wiring and everything I have connected is fine according to amps and
    positioning ----He is connecting new overhead lighting---There is only one wire connected to each
    unit and each pump is at least 10 ft from loader-

10. southjblue

Just a note to Mec reloader folks---If the collect gets stuck it's best to check if collect is dry.
    Talked to a Mec teck and best lub is anti seize lub-----
    A member in the past recommended using a slight spray of oil---
    Teck said it is the WORST thing to do,
    Asking for future problems----Only a temp fix,
    Stay with Mec recomentions ----
    JMO
    SJB