Hodgdon Longshot 12ga. 1oz.

Discussion in 'Reloading Bench' started by Perazzi 34, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Perazzi 34

Perazzi 34 Member

Hello,

Since powder has been non existent a friend of mine and I purchased some jugs of Longshot to reload for Sporting Clays.

I use it successfully with published data in my 16ga. hunting loads with 1oz. of Bismouth.

I'm wondering if anyone used it in 12ga. 1oz loads?

I contacted Hodgdon and was told they are working on load data for 12ga./1oz.

Thanks

2. Msmith

Msmith Active Member Founding Member

With no data available from Hodgdon , I would trade it off for powder with 12ga. manufacturers data. If you live near Niagara Falls NY , I would trade some Green dot. Good luck, Mike

3. Agrid

Agrid Active Member

Great news, Will let me know when you get the new 12ga data?

4. rrisum

rrisum Mega Poster

With Hodgdon slowest 1 1/4 loads at 1330 -- and their slowest 1 1/8 at 1440 -- will hate to see what they would come up with at one ounce? I agree with Mike - there is a lot better powders for one ounce loads.

5. Perazzi 34

Perazzi 34 Member

wish there was 1oz powder in my area.

A friend did some testing. See below. Going to chrono next week.

good,smooth load,if I missed it was not the shell .
    Good crimps.

Winchester HS
    CB-11OO-12
    1 oz #8
    23.5 gr
    Longshot

Remington Gun Club
    CB-8100-12 (TG 12)
    1oz #8
    23.5 gr
    Longshot

I used a #24 mec bushing

6. jesflorida

jesflorida Active Member

Hyper dangerous! Extrapolation is OK in the classroom, not inches from my eyes, hands, and arm!

7. rrisum

rrisum Mega Poster

Chrono will be great -- guaranteed to be faster than hell --slowest 1 1/8 load I have loaded is 1,400 fps --Pressure is what you have to be concerned with -- Most are right around 11,000 PSI --with a load behind it for resistant's -- Most of your sporting clays targets are well within 40 yards -- why do you want to be beat up with that kind of recoil? I would wait for Hodgdon to do a proper load --

8. Perazzi 34

Perazzi 34 Member

Thats the only powder available in our area. It's either that or AR-15 powder, LOL.
    I'm waiting for Hodgdon myself, but a friend says not bad to shoot even for skeet in a 725.
    I shoot 21.6 grains in my 16 ga. around 1250 fps.

9. firewater

firewater Active Member Founding Member

There aint such a thing

10. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

.725 is the correct bore size.
    12Ga bore size
    GB................................DLS

11. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Hey Gary, uh, I think the guy was talking about the model number of the gun, not the bore size.