Hey BIG PAPA - what the heck is going on in Sparta?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by LimaShooter50, Aug 10, 2021.

1. LimaShooter50

LimaShooter50 Well-Known Member Founding Member

I was heading over to shop Friday and shoot the big event. Should I stay or should I go? Do I need a mask? I hear that crap isn’t being enforced. All hype.

Count me in on making the trip unless you say no. Sparta bound then back for the Cardinal Classic!

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  2. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

Masks for all us peons while the rule makers prance around without their face covered.

My local Wally World instituted the required mask to enter a last week. Three of us turned around and left.

By the weekend, they changed their policy. Must have been a lot of people doing an about face.

3. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Forum Reporter Founding Member Forum Reporter

The big announcement made today is that someone on the grounds has tested positive. They cancelled tonight's HOF dinner etc for tonight. You are supposed to wear a mask in the CEB as a result. The MEDVAC unit on the grounds is supposed to be getting test kits for the virus. So, it's your call. I am not worried. Maybe I should be, but if you going to get it, you cannot stop it. I got the shots, so move on and have fun. It has been hot and very humid. Big thunderstorm went through late this afternoon. Supposed to be hot and humid the rest of the week.

4. LimaShooter50

Thanks for the updates BIG PAPA. I wonder if we would test positive there, do we have to stay in Illinois for a quarantine for two weeks? If we say we are migrants we can go home?

I will wait for more updates. You know how I am with the heat. I hate masks.

wpt and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  5. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Well-Known Member Founding Member

I wonder if it will affect the BOD meeting today?

Ron Burdick

6. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

Good question Ron.

Most who would attend will either be on their phones playing games, or sleeping anyway from what I have heard of past meetings.

Boring stuff I guess.

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  7. Turbine

Turbine Active Member Past State President

In person Board of Directors meeting has been canceled. Plan to have a Zoom meeting in the next few weeks. All food under the hospitality tent canceled.

HistoryBuff likes this.
  8. LimaShooter50

Zoom Meeting for the Board if Directors? BIG PAPA….we need to fire the BOD. I will stay in Ohio for the Cardinal Classic. No mask mandates.

9. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

LimaShooter50 I talked to the powers that be at the CC and they told me that if enough people pull out of Sparta and head to the CC early they will open up a few fields for practice shooting.

History Seeker likes this.