Hey BIG PAPA. Meeting later to cancel? Is this real?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by LimaShooter50, Aug 11, 2021.

1. LimaShooter50

LimaShooter50 Well-Known Member Founding Member

Hey BIG PAPA. Now we are hearing they are having a meeting later to discuss cancelling. Who is “they”? Is that the state or EC? Or BOD?

Are they deciding at the BOD meeting?

Ohio Cardinal Center is looking better.

2. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Well-Known Member Founding Member

No BOD meeting

Ron Burdick

3. lord maker

lord maker Mega Poster Founding Member

they announced over the speakers the BOD meeting will be done on Zoom. Classification is closed for the week, the entry building is only open like 8-10 each day. The snack bar is closed, the restaurant is closed. All food for the "parties" is canceled.

4. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

Good Lord ~~~

What is this all about, the Covid ?

5. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

lord maker I'm confused a couple of questions. When you say classification is closed for the week does that mean that entrees are closed for the rest of the Grand? Any Shoot I've every been at you had to classify before you could enter so with the entry building open a couple of hours does that mean only those already entered but not paid will be allowed to shoot or what does it mean? If you or Merlo could find out that info is important for any shooter that was headed to Sparta for the All Around.

This sounds more like a soap opera or reality show than the Worlds Championship.

History Seeker and wpt like this.
  6. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

This could have repercussions to other large upcoming shoots.

History Seeker and wpt like this.
  7. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

Mr. Dysinger,

Our ATA has planned ahead on the issue of classification, squadding and cashiering, anticipating the possibility of problems arising at the World Shooting & Recreational Complex.

Below is the notice on page 18 of the Grand American Championships program booklet.

Shooters can call a number and be classified over the phone by a member of the Central Handicap Committee each day between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.

And it saves time and adherer's to the COVID-19 guidelines. How about that?

Scan_0098.jpg

8. lord maker

lord maker Mega Poster Founding Member

Yes, the PA said this AM they were closing the classification desks. "If you need to classify, you'd best hurry in" was the line over the PA.

I did the online thing before the shoot, never received an email, but I was classified. I personally greatly preferred the online squad ( at the shoot with no fee) and pay process as the big lines frustrate me.