Hey BIG PAPA - About OSTA Meeting - Shot Screen Repair - O S T A President

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by LimaShooter50, Apr 1, 2021.

1. LimaShooter50

LimaShooter50 Well-Known Member Founding Member

Hey BIG PAPA.

What is the news on the OSTA Board Meeting? Sounds like drama! Were you there? We need the facts.

What the latest on the shot screen! Who has been the decision maker?

I stopped by. The place is a wreck. Family Guy was taking pictures. Why didn’t he post them?

Where is Merlo?

rookieshooter likes this.
  2. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Forum Reporter Founding Member Forum Reporter

Since I am no longer on the OSTA Board, I have no information about their meeting. I have not been over to the Cardinal since last fall. Therefore, I know nothing about the shot screen. I am sure that before the season opens, the shoot screen will be fixed. If you want to know about the board meeting contact one of the members and have them update you.

3. lord maker

lord maker Mega Poster Founding Member

the screen is damaged, but not terribly so. From what I saw bank 1 took the brunt of the damage.

4. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Family Guy was at the SCTP shoot chasing Alabama around the range taking pictures and he claims to report stuff so I'd of thought he'd have taken pictures of the damage if it was bad.

I'd be interested in news from the meeting myself. Dick don't you have any contacts anymore?

5. BIG PAPA

Brad, I like you, have "friends" to talk with. Been in FL for the last couple of months. Try to stay away unless ask to help or give me opinion. LOL. Hard to get in trouble that way.

6. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Dick if your friends are telling you the same things my friends are telling me then "Houston we may have have a problem. "

7. BIG PAPA

Brad, I have not spoke with many of the Ohio shooters other than the few that were in Florida. At a few "round table" morning discussions, most of the folks were saying they were either going to quit shooting the ATA targets or cut back. At the Southern Grand 300 targets cost $126.00 plus shells. No premium shells. The stuff you were buying for $53 (plus tax) were around $65 plus tax. The cost of shooting is going to put a lot of folks in the hole, plus you cannot win any money in Florida.

oleolliedawg and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Shooting FL registered targets has always been nothing but expensive practice. It just got more expensive but the weather can be nice.

9. Past OSTA President Tim Hunsaker

Past OSTA President Tim Hunsaker Moderator Forum Reporter Forum Leader

I missed the OSTA Board Meeting, last Saturday, due to family obligations. I was told that banks 1-3 had sustained some damage related to the recent high winds. The care & maintenance of the Cardinal Center, shot screen included, is the responsibility of the Cardinal Center staff. The OSTA owns some equipment (traps) that the Cardinal Center staff also care & maintain under the terms of our contract. I am confident that Jack & staff will address the damage at the appropriate time.

Tim Hunsaker
    SW Zone Director
    Past OSTA President

Just Joe likes this.