Heads up - moving to a new server! Bigger server!

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Just Joe, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Just Joe

Just Joe Administrator Staff Member

The forum keeps growing. We were told this place wouldn’t last 30 days. Who knew? We will begin the process of upgrading to another server. Yes, we outgrew another. We will upgrade our software also.

More visitors and the massive files, especially pictures and the for sale section continues to grow.

When we started the site we agreed not to delete as time went by. The forum was in part designed to show a history of trapshooting as long as this forum existed. Since we have survived longer than that original 30 days, changes are needed.

There may be some downtime on occasion as we upgrade.

joe

2. LCH

LCH Mega Poster Forum Leader

With the new server, is it possible to give us the ability to upload multiple photos at a time?
    Currently we can only upload one photo at a time and sometimes it takes a while.

oleolliedawg likes this.
  3. alf174

alf174 Well-Known Member Founding Member

"Bigger is better; more is not enough"

4. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

My wish would be that you could only post one picture. People could PM the seller, get their email, and send them more pictures.

5. Diesel_ss

Diesel_ss Moderator

Then unfortunately your waiting for the seller to respond, and have the time to take pictures.

LCH likes this.
  6. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

I didn't say take one picture. Only to post one picture. I haven't sold as many items as some of the "I'm not a dealer" guys have on here, but when I take pictures, I take 15-20.
    I just don't post them all.

I also look EVERY DAY to see if anyone either posted a response or PM'd me. That way the potential buyer doesn't have to wait on anything.

7. A26A

A26A Mega Poster Founding Member

Congrats and lucky us