Goings on at Linn Creek

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Mike Poore, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Mike Poore

Mike Poore Active Member

PSSA's fired Director, Skip Klinger has taken his plan for the Northeast Shooting complex to Linn Creek, MO, and in a few months had them up and running. Congratulations Skip, can't wait to get an opportunity to visit your fine shooting complex.

oleolliedawg likes this.
  2. Got Beagles

Got Beagles Active Member

Miike.....got it. Skip went to Missouri. But what is the plan? It has been close to a year. What progress has been made on that plan?

3. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

im all ears. let us know. im only 2 hours away.

4. Mike Poore

Mike Poore Active Member

They just opened the new Sporting clays course. According to reports it will be open to the public, shortly. Sorry I wasn't more clear in my original post.

oleolliedawg likes this.
  5. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

Clear? The clear part is the bitterness you wanted to show. Your post was about Skip being fired. That was clear. Heard that before. He got another job. Ok you made that clear.

The plan wasnt mentioned. That wasnt the topic. You got the bitterness across. Anything else Skip might want you to post?

Parkerguy likes this.
  6. Gerald

Gerald Mega Poster Founding Member

Geesh. I didn’t think Mikes post was that offensive.

Regards. Gerald

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Unbelievable, Skip succeeds elsewhere. I doubt some fools in MO blasted Skip while professing us poor trapshooters shouldn't have to finance a Sporting Clays venture. That dang Skip only wanted to save us poor trapshooters from the opportunity to pay $50/100 trap targets in the near future and all he got was the boot. Heck, PA attendance is down at least 30% in 10 years while the facility is aging and it's benefactors die off. Let's hope all his detractors pony up and save the facility.

8. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

I am guessing Mike dropped by to stir turds in PA cause Skip got fired. Oh boy. It will work. Skip and Mike don’t want you PA shooters getting along.

There is a laundry list of things Skip did at the ATA as a Delegate. Starting with nothing and ending with nothing. Numb hands from sitting on them.

I hope MO likes Skip. How long before Skip tells Mike what to say now? Lol

Troutbum likes this.
  9. DEDPAIR

DEDPAIR Well-Known Member

Johnson, if anyone sounds bitter it's you? Are you afraid Skip might actually succeed in MO? As for Skip telling Mike what to say is laughable! He couldn't care less what's posted on here and isn't even on any Social Media sites.

As for the PSSA plan, the EC obviously didn't share Skip's vision for Elysburg and has instead chosen to stay focused on Trapshooting as it's future.

paBOB, Mike Poore and oleolliedawg like this.
  10. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

The title says “ Goings on at Linn Creek.”
    Lead sentence “PSSA’s Fired Director”

We didn’t hear much about Linn Creek’s Sporting Clay Course” until I questioned Mike. The axe to grind isn’t in my hand. No bitterness here. My friend wasn’t fired. Mike’s friend was fired.

We don’t know much about that Sporting Clays Course. But it was due to the “fired” person. Lol

11. MShooter

MShooter Active Member

I would like to hear about the Goings on at Linn Creek. What’s the news. Not much information given?

12. Rn3

Rn3 Well-Known Member

They have a sporting clays course

13. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member V I P

Fired? Keep the facts straight. Skip graciously declined the lowball offer the PSSA offered. I know you knew that.

Jon Reitz

History Seeker and oleolliedawg like this.
  14. paBOB

paBOB Well-Known Member

Skip’s feelings must still be hurting.

15. oleolliedawg

Why? He probably got a raise!

16. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

Exactly! Everyone is happy right?

17. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Missouri's Director in the 90s, was the best director of Any Club I shot at in years, and he lived close by and had a Trap of his own, in his back yard.

GB...........................................DLS

18. TjayeE

TjayeE Member

Good old Burrie

19. County70

County70 Active Member

On the 28th there is going to be a Grand Opening of the Sporting Clays course. The course is mainly on the West end past the trap line. Eventually its going to expand to the East as I understand. Skip has the Chamber of Commerce involved I believe and some sponsors. Give it some time as he doesn't officially take over till after October or 2022.

20. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

County70

All this dramatic bullshit from Mike and Skip hasn’t taken over. And won’t until maybe 2022?

But he was fired? And Mike got that right?

21. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

ok...so the goin on's is (another) sporting clays course. got it.

22. oleolliedawg

Maybe Johnson thinks Skip's working for free. Somehow I think Skip is way to smart for that.

23. paBOB

paBOB Well-Known Member

Any updates

24. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

paBob you are just being mean.

Joe Brumfield and Flyersarebest like this.
  25. Dobyns

Dobyns Well-Known Member

Posted

The Missouri Trapshooters Association located near the Lake of the Ozarks, Linn Creek, Missouri has an immediate opening for a full time Manager.