From Outhouses to Town Houses, Sparta then and Now Discharged Gun.

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by BRAD DYSINGER, Aug 13, 2021.

1. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I got word from the grand that Someone shot the car beside theirs in the parking lot at Sparta after thinking they were using an empty instead they loaded a live round and BANG. I heard that the car had a kid in it but no harm. This reminded me of a few years back when some ATA officials kid shot up the porta potty on the Sporting Clay's range. I wonder if this incident will be handled with the same kids gloves?

wpt and History Seeker like this.
  2. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

a.d is an a.d. im sure the facility has rules and fines accordingly.

3. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Was it in the private parking for the delegates?

wpt likes this.
  4. User 1

User 1 Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

This is not a "accidental discharge" ..... it is a "negligent discharge" by an idiot pulling the trigger ..... period .....

"A “negligent discharge” occurs when there is a violation of policy, protocol, or standard operating procedure which results in the discharge of a firearm." ..... "“accidental discharge” — which might be caused by a mechanical or chemical malfunction in the gun itself, the magazine, or the ammunition" ..... "a willfully “reckless” discharge; for instance, firing into the air as a form of celebration or otherwise disregarding firearm safety." .....

The ATA thew someone out for a couple of years for talking nasty to someone ..... a "negligent discharge" in a very dangerous direction is much worse, and should receive much worse .....

It is far past time to for 'gun people' to start self-policing the idiots, before they cost everyone their 'rights' .....

wpt and History Seeker like this.
  5. bobski

correction taken.
    so then, the rules are known. whats the price for his error?

6. User 1

Not my call on this, as I am not there or involved in any way ......

As a 'pro gun-person', I would like to see those there and/or involved take it for as serious as it seems to be by the post ...... If someone is stupid enough to forget "The Ten Commandments of Firearm Safety", they shouldn't be where they may do someone great harm or death ..... period .....

FWIW ..... IF ..... I was the owner of the "car" and responsible for the "kid in the car", I would involve the police to file a criminal complaint for endangering the well-being of the "kid" ...... In my always less the humble opinion, that should be the least for someone that stupid, based on the information in the post .....

And, as 'pro-gun' ..... what do you think this will do if it hits the 'legacy news' in a gun hate state ??????

7. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

I have a lot to say about this incident but be better off to say nothing so I don't get put on "Double Secret Probation" ... That person can Thank God it was not my car or kid, that is all I will say ... Total, gross ignorance ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. bobski

put the shoe on the other foot.
    if YOU made an error like that being the pro-gun person you are, wouldn't YOU be willing to pay the price and ask for mercy, instead of being stripped and banished of all your gun rights and hobby?
    pro-gun people make mistakes.
    obviously this guy did.
    so for the 3rd time I ask, what became of the incident? obviously know one knows but quick to voice an opinion. fine. its a forum. we all have a voice. so do i.
    so, he pays a price, and we all move on. its not the first time its happened. and it wont be the last. thank G-d no one was killed.
    that's all I was asking and that's how i'll end this. I don't want to get dragged into a cat fight.
    hope he mans up, takes his licking, everyone goes back to living life and enjoying a dangerous sport.

9. User 1

Calling this, if the post correctly states it, a "mistake" is asinine ..... it is gross negligence with something deadly, by a ignorant person who shouldn't be allowed to be in a position that may not be so lucky the next time .....

And yes ..... anyone stupid enough to have the muzzle pointed toward a "kid", and pull the trigger should lose their 'right' to ever do it again ..... period .....

Everyone pays the price for stupid people ..... and that may be OK with you, but not me ......

FWIW ..... "Gross negligence refers to a person's conduct where an act or failure to act creates an unreasonable risk of harm to another because of the person's failure to exercise slight care or diligence." ..... "What is difference between negligence and gross negligence?
    Careless mistakes or inattention that result in injury are identified as negligence, while deliberate and reckless disregard for the safety of others is identified as gross negligence." .....

wpt likes this.
  10. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

How far did he walk or ride with that live shell in the gun? How many people did he endanger? Roger C.

rookieshooter and wpt like this.
  11. MShooter

MShooter Active Member

Maybe the guy didn’t know the snap cap was loaded.

BRAD DYSINGER and cwtech like this.
  12. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Suspension time, 6 months to a year ... Then have to present proof of a safety course completed ... This type of thing is no joke ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  13. User 1

For all the bleeding-hearts for the idiot ..... I ask, what about the "kid" ??????

PTSD is very real, and sometimes irreversible ..... So, an idiot blasts the car you are in with a shotgun, and the "kid" is supposed to have no ill-effects, just because they didn't die .....

You can't fix stupid with any slap on the wrist ..... Like drunk drivers that have no respect for the safety of others on the road ..... idiots with firearms are worse, because a car is designed to protect those in it from the drunk driver, not an idiot blast from next to it .....

FWIW ..... I am going to guess this thread is true and accurate ..... because if not, someone would have challenged it by now .....

wpt likes this.
  14. Jersey Giant

Jersey Giant Active Member

Was a police report filed? If not then why not?

History Seeker and wpt like this.