Foreign Manufacturers?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Clayman, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Clayman

Clayman Well-Known Member

I keep expecting foreign manufacturers to step in and take advantage of the obvious high demand/low supply target shotgun ammo situation.

Has anyone seen this happening yet ?

2. Smokintom

Smokintom Mega Poster Founding Member

I believe that they have been doing that for years.

mudpack likes this.
  3. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

the euro market has usa in their back pockets.

4. Clayman

It seems as though if Vista and Olin are keeping supply low to force prices higher, some of the foreign companies would want to step in and take some of the market share with lower prices.
    I think that is what usually happens in commodity markets.

If we could buy B & P, or others, at $6 or $7 a box, shooters would be all over it.

5. chipn100x100

chipn100x100 Active Member

Of coarse they are. I've been telling people this for a long time. Any time one group owns several brands they automatically gain control. It's a bad situation for the shooters!!! To make it worse, they are driven by profits, not quality.

Flyersarebest likes this.
  6. Clayman

Well said, Chip.

7. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

B&P 1oz @ 1160, softest factory shell, I give my hulls to a shooting bud, who loads them as if they were Federal papers--perfect reload

Clayman likes this.
  8. Russ Roberts

Russ Roberts New Member

It would seem true that for the foreseeable future, anything coming by ship is going to get stuck out there waiting to be unloaded. Perhaps Vista et al have counted on that to stuff their profits for the next 6 mos or so, maybe longer. The exception to the shipping bottleneck might be Aguila and Challenger, but who knows, they may be in the emerging ammo "cartel".