Eye vitamins really help

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by dr.longshot, Mar 3, 2015.

1. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Fellow trapshooters, take care of your eyes, you only get 2 of them. I have been taking them for a very long time now, I had beginning of cataracts, after taking my Occuvite by B&L for 3 months my cataracts went away, hard to believe isn't it.

But that is true I just bought more of Krogers Private Label, that are equal to Occuvite, they are Krogers Eye Health & Luten, nutrition for eyes, I am a trapshooter since 1968 I was near sighted, I passed my drivers license w/o wearing my glasses, I now shoot w/o my shooting glasses for the last 6 months.

Take my advice, take care of your eyes, give them that extra nutrition. You will be glad you did

Gary Bryant Dr.longshot

smoking357, safetyoff and Ken Cerney like this.
  2. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

I would like to thank you Gary on this information. I have been wondering on this for some time and never did anything about it. Until now. I purchased the Walmart equivalent and have been taking it for 3 weeks now. Hopefully it will help with tired eyes.

3. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

I just checked , I may look like it but I am NOT pregnant. So I guess I'm safe.

squatty likes this.
  4. Wishbone

Wishbone Mega Poster

Ken
    Have you seen any improvement after 3 weeks?
    Any side affects?

5. Ken Cerney

No side affects as of yet. I do think I need to continue to take this for some lomger time to see if any improvement. I will try to remember to keep posted.

6. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

I noticed some improvements after 2 mos., 3 Mos my cataracts cleared up, floaters went away, I have been taking them for 5+ years, I passed my eye exam for my drivers license w/o my glasses, am shooting w/o my shooting glasses.
    Dr.longshot

7. dr.longshot

Let me know how you are doing w/them
    Gary Bryant Dr.longshot

8. Ken Cerney

I will let you know. In a couple of weeks we may be shooting here in Wisconsin so that will tell if I can see that target any better.

MODERATOR 1 likes this.
  9. dr.longshot

Ken are your eyes doing any better? My bad news is they are taking my left foot off April 13th and after 8 weeks may be fitting me with a Prosthetic foot, like the ones our soldiers have.
    Gary, Dr.longshot

MODERATOR 1 likes this.
  10. Ken Cerney

Gary, So sorry to hear about your foot. But it will only slow you down for a short time. A good friend of mine in Wisconsin lost his right lower leg a few years ago and is sill shooting, deer hunting and just about everything else and most of the time with out a cane. Last fall when he shot last it was without a stool and ran 25 straight.
    My eyes seem to be doing better. I went shooting last Wednesday the first time since October. I did see the targets better far as I could tell. I broke a 97 which is good for me. I plan on keeping up on taking them so I will see what is to come.
    Hang in there Gary and keep me posted. I do wish you the best and prayers go out to you for a safe operation and a speedy recovery.

MODERATOR 1 likes this.
  11. Laserwizard

Laserwizard Active Member Founding Member

Ken,

What is Wal-Marts version of this called? I'd like to try some.

Thanks

12. Ken Cerney

Jeff, the Walmart version is equate Vision Formula with Lutein

eye health vitamin and mineral supplement Nutrition for eyes
    It is about half the price of the major brand and the ingredients are the same.

It does seem like I have improvement. Time will tell.

13. Laserwizard

Laserwizard Active Member Founding Member

Thanks Ken!!

14. dr.longshot

Ken Cerney how are the eye vitamins working?
    Gary

15. Ken Cerney

Gary they seem to be working. My vision is more clear. We will see if tomorrow afternoon when I go to the club to shoot. Hope it is as good as two weeks ago.
    Thanks for the info Gary.

16. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

I am going to be getting some, just had the old eyes checked and starting to get cataracts and a few floaters, just what I needed ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. Michael McGee

Michael McGee Mega Poster Founding Member

wpt,
    I have taken the above mentioned vitamins for 4 or 5 years. I will not say there are no benefits from taking them, but a leading ophthalmologist informed me today that they will do nothing to stop the formation or retard the growth of cataracts. As soon as mine progress a little more, I will have to have them removed.

18. wpt

MM,
    I figure for what the supplements cost they are worth a try, nothing really to lose while may (or may not) realize some gain ... My Eye Doctor said maybe two years on the outside ... It got painfull to wear my contacts so I should of known something was out of whack after wearing them for over 30 years ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

19. dr.longshot

kEN MY STUMP IS REALLY HEALING FAST AND IS DOING FINE WILL BE GETTING CAST OF STUMP FOR ORTHOTETIC FOOT MAY 21ST, CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT, THIS WHEEL CHAIR IS NOT FUN, OUT OF NURSING HOME AND WITH MY OLDEST SON IN NEW ALBANY HOW ARE THE EYE VITAMINS WORKING? I HAVE OTHERS USING THEM WITH GOOD RESULTS
    gARY

Ken Cerney likes this.
  20. Ken Cerney

Good to hear from you Gary. Hope the healing continues to speed along. You will be out there shooting before long. As for the eyes I am still taking the vitamins and I fell they are helping. I do need to go and get my eyes retested to see if that will show any improvement. The eye test will have to wait a little while as it is my busy season at least to the end of May then I have only investigations to do (if any).
    Gary take care and keep me posted on your recovery.

21. dr.longshot

Ken: I had first measurements taken for my new Kinterra Hydraulic Foot.
    Read my post and it will explain everything.

Gary

22. Romie

Romie Active Member

I was shooting with a guy that is a wheel chair shooter ...not sure why but I think he said he is a diabetic . He said if he doesn't take his eye vitamins after a while he can tell. When he goes back to taking them his vision improves.... I think there is something to them.

23. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member Founding Member

I have been taking Lutein from Swanson Vitamins for several years. I went to the Eye Doc earlier this month, and after the exam he declared that my eyesight had not changed at all in two years!

Ordered some dark Decot lenses for those targets in the sun, using the same prescription for them as for the last.

Being a diabetic, my eyesight went down the toilet quickly a number of years ago, but has stabilized. I can still see the rings on the bird with good glasses, and that is what counts.

24. Lew D. Boyko

Lew D. Boyko Active Member

I went to WalMart and picked up some Vision Formula 50+ with lutin. I will get back to you in 30 days or so
    and let you know if I see any improvement.
    birddog

25. Ken Cerney

I just picked up more today at WallyWorld myself.

26. wpt

I have been taking them for about 2 months, I feel there has been an improvement in my overall vision ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

27. theloudone

theloudone Guest

Great thread, I also picked some up after the recommendations here. I'm noticing a huge improvement.

28. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

Thank you, Gary. What's the effective dosage?

29. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member Founding Member

Dear 357

I used the same brand before I started getting them from Swanson. Seems like 20 mg daily. One a day will work.

30. wpt

I went and got more at Wally World and was talking to an older couple who swear by them , we will see ... I see an improvement especially when reading ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Ken Cerney likes this.
  31. VMc

VMc Member

I have taken Ocuvite, Lutein, Bilberry & Bee Pollen for years to help my eyes. I also use Restaysis for dry eye syndrome.

Vince McNamara