E mail from the ATA

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by pump gun guy, Jun 12, 2021.

1. pump gun guy

pump gun guy Active Member

The following E mail was sent out for those attending the grand concerning Ammo sales and practice copied and pasted as follows ---------------------
    GRAND AMERICAN AMMUNITION INFORMATION
    Please accept the following information regarding ammunition availability for the 2021 AIM Championships and the Grand American:

Unless ammunition becomes more widely available, our plan is to offer ammunition to you based upon the events and practice rounds for which you have cashiered.

Software has been developed by the ATA which will allow you to swipe your membership card at a kiosk at the shell house to reveal the number of boxes of shells applicable to the number of events you have pre-cashiered or cashiered.

You may then decide how many boxes you want to purchase at that time. Once you have done that a voucher will print which you can give to a shell house staff member. You must have a voucher to purchase shells. Reprints, copies, or reproductions of the vouchers will NOT be accepted or made. The shell house staff member will fill your order and then you will be required to sign the voucher. The voucher will be kept and filed by shell house personnel. You can purchase as many or as few shells at a time as you wish based upon the events you have cashiered. Each time you cashier an event or print a voucher our database will update the number of boxes you may purchase.

Briley token systems were recently installed at the WSRC. We will be utilizing these token systems this year on the practice/make-up/demo fields. This will reduce the number of staff members needed for these fields. We will still have scorekeepers for make-up, but not for practice and demo. The tokens allow the user 27 targets per round. Practice shooters may request a voucher with the purchase of each token which may be used to purchase one box of shells at the shell house.

A voucher system will also be used for shoot off participants in need of ammunition. These shooters may request a voucher when checking in for shoot offs. Shells for the shoot off shooters will be available for purchase near the shoot off building each evening.

Although ammo sales at the Grand usually average about two-thirds of all targets shot, our sponsoring ammunition manufacturers have committed to supplying the ATA with ammunition levels which exceed the total number of targets shot during the 2019 Grand American at Sparta.

Lynn Gipson
    Executive Director

2. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

If you trust Lynn Gipson of the ATA you are a fool, What does the SHELL MANUFACTURERS SAY?
    THEIR THE ONES FURNISHING THE SHELLS, Winchester Super Handicap Shell Supplies Vs
    Federal, Remington Nitro 27, How do they arrive at Quantities of each Mfg ?

3. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Pre Entry shell requests by shooters will be required, IF they hold the Grand. Shell Shortages Abound.

GB.....................................DLS

4. dr.longshot

Where is that E-mail to shooters?

5. pump gun guy

pump gun guy Active Member

Got it in my in my e mail box today . I have been on their e mail list for awhile . Don't even remember how I got on it . Just sharing the info. No real surprise though . Most big shoots have been limiting the buying of ammo to targets paid for

wpt likes this.
  6. MX8S

MX8S New Member

All big shoots are doing this. Nothing unexpected.

pump gun guy and wpt like this.
  7. Rn3

Rn3 Well-Known Member

The Grand is happening, Illinois has completely reopened.

Brad M likes this.
  8. Is it (Illinois) still a gun hating state? Just kidding.....we know the answer.

debshouseboy and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  9. dr.longshot

I will believe it when I see it, With Ammo supply.

GB.................................DLS

10. Leonidas

Leonidas Mega Poster Founding Member

Got a message from someone representing the Nebraska State Shoot saying they don't know if any shell vendors will be there and to bring everything you need.