Did a Blaser rep leave the grand with 20 flats of ammo?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by merlo, Sep 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. merlo

merlo Mega Poster Forum Reporter

Could anyone get 20 flats of ammo? Or just this guy? Ammo rules for us and different rules for Blazer Rep. Or did he have more power? More coming on this.

I report. You decide.
    merlo out.

2. Rn3

Rn3 Well-Known Member

If you wanted to go back 4 times wouldn't of been a problem

3. Roll Tide

Roll Tide Member

I wasn’t aware anyone was allowed 20 flats at the grand. The OP said he went home with that many. That would be 20 flats plus what he shot. Special rules for special people. Like Democrats.

OP needs to tell us who!

4. alf174

alf174 Well-Known Member Founding Member

I left with 10, if someone stood in line with me they were allowing 20 to cashier by one person. I suspect there were many that did it.

Ohioshooter and Rn3 like this.
  5. alf174

To clarify, sales for shells over and above what you were cashiered for opened twice, IIRC Thursday and Saturday. A single person was allowed to purchase 5 flats each time, but would cashier 10 if someone accompanied them. That totals 20. They did not screen customers for political preference. The sale was broadcasted over the TV and speakers.

6. Ohioshooter

Ohioshooter Member

I believe you’re thinking of Dean Townsend he’s a blaser rep.

7. DEDPAIR

DEDPAIR Well-Known Member

So basically this post is a mute point, but gave a voice to several to throw blameless names out there and say Blaser's are junk? Asking for a friend!!!

Ohioshooter, Bill McCaughey and ammo like this.
  8. Smithy

Smithy Mega Poster Founding Member

Ha. Merlo’s bait lead us to think and consider that Townsend is on the Handicap Committee. You can tell a lot about a gun dealer by the type person they put along their guns. I wouldn’t put that guy in any committee or even put him in charge of selling cats.

Shouldn’t he have been the part of the ATA that reserved some ammo for the Cardinal Center.

I hear Pipe Layer even bragged about it.

I don’t give a Rats ass what anyone else thinks. If Pipe Layer is shilling for Blaser….I won’t own one.

Ohioshooter likes this.
  9. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

If it was Dean Townsend he should be removed from the handicap Committee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GB..................................DLS

Ohioshooter and Rob 111 like this.
  10. Subjr1

Subjr1 Active Member

You could get 20 flats if you waited in line to get your 5 (2 times) and then however many you wanted to buy, by showing your receipt for registration. 2600/250 = 10.4
    So technically they can get 20… 5 + 5 + 10.4 = 20.4

And whoever says the ATA had control of the ammo is wrong. Gamaliel owned the ammo sold at the Grand. Why would they spend extra money on fuel, hotels, food etc to haul and sell at the Cardinal. When they could sell all they had at the Grand? That doesn’t make sense. The Cardinal Classic had an ammo vendor who chose not to bring ammo even though they were selling in their store front. Blame them for Cardinal not having ammo
    -Subjr

Pkotlost, frostyman and Rn3 like this.
  11. alf174

A customer could cashier their order for 5 into 10 each trip through the shell house by bringing someone (your mom, grandpa, grandma, bum from under a nearby bridge,etc). Each of them ordering 5 flats each, one of them making payment. So the total could have been 30+.

12. Smithy

Yes. And a creepy person might do that regardless of being on the handicap committee. And regardless of being a blazer Rep.

Just to show how stupid he is, jr will now tell us the name of the vendor that was at the Cardinal that had ammo to sell. He won’t. Because everything he says is as true as his lie about shooting at hundreds of clubs. Immature troll that can’t shoot w the big dawgs.

He fits right in with handicap committee and with Blaser.

oleolliedawg and John Trap like this.
  13. dfwip9x

dfwip9x Well-Known Member

Well.....on Thursday of the Grand Gamaliel announced your could buy 5 flats per person without matching your shells up to target purchases. My wife and I stood in line and each bought 5 flats. Although we COULD have, we did not go thru the line twice. I just didn't think it was the right thing to do. On Saturday Gamaliel again allowed open purchasing of flats (again 5 per person). My wife and I stood in line for 2 hours and we each purchased 5 flats. We decided again to only go thru the line once. So YES, I'm one of those awful people that came home with 20 flats.....just like the terrible Blaser rep.

Rn3 likes this.
  14. butterly

butterly Mega Poster

I sense this should be more about the ethics of being on the handicap committee and doing this.

Blaser has a right to hire the right shill for the job. They know what they bought.

Ohioshooter and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  15. Ohioshooter

Ohioshooter Member

Why are you trying to start stuff on yet another thread that has nothing to do with him? The simple fact is there were many people that came out of there with 20 or more flats of shells. Leave it at that. If there was special treatment by a blaser rep or a member of the EC or Central Handicap committee then that’s the direction this post is going and that’s what is to be talked about. Not picking or starting another fight with subjr. That can be a PM if you choose to do so. The name of that vendor was sportsman’s den and they told many shooters that they had shells at their store. They didn’t have enough to supply everyone for every event shot (if they bring their receipts in then that’s how many shells they can buy) like they did for most of state shoot; that’s why they chose not to bring any shells. And maybe look at some of the things someone has won before you say they can’t shoot with the big dogs after it’s proven that they can.

Stay on topic instead of being the troll yourself and starting something.

16. Smithy

Ohioshooter….I am as sure you aren’t a moderator as I am about jr’s lie about shooting at hundreds of clubs. I will talk about the Blaser Rep and member of the Central Handicap Committee if I choose. It looks like fair game since the Blaser Rep put it out there in a post.

Another lie by subjr? Kinda like him shooting at “hundreds” of clubs. Fact is Sportsman’s Den didn’t have much ammo.

If subjr would stop with the lies we wouldn’t point them out. And if Dean Townsend, Blaser Rep, and CHC member would stop bragging about leaving the Grand with 20 flats of shells, we wouldn’t talk about it.

Did I mention Blaser sucks anyway?

17. Ohioshooter

Ohioshooter Member

I specifically said, “If there was special treatment by a blaser rep or a member of the EC or Central Handicap committee then that’s the direction this post is going and that’s what is to be talked about.” I didn’t say you couldn’t talk about them? And you just said yourself “the fact is sportsman’s den didn’t have much ammo” which is what I said, “They didn’t have enough to supply everyone for every event shot (if they bring their receipts in then that’s how many shells they can buy) like they did for most of state shoot; that’s why they chose not to bring any shells.” The little bit they had was at their home store for sale, not at the cardinal center.

I didn’t see where Townsend bragged and if that’s the case then absolutely go nuts about this topic. You pointed out the facts. I agree with you 100% it should be talked about. I’m just saying it seems every thread on here the same things are said over and over about subjr and some of us on here are tired of reading it over and over. The subject of this thread is what you pointed out minus the subjr part. Let’s keep talking about that.

18. Smithy

I have a copy of the post and I don’t give a rats ass if you have a copy. I am betting the mods would rather toss your butt off here for implying what we can post about. I have been given posting vacations before. Townsend's post is what it is.

And I sure as heck don’t give care what you think about jr’s fibs. He made them. I point them out. Shot a “hundreds” of clubs. Lol

The Blasers reps posts live in infamy due to screen shots. Isn’t technology grea? And the ATA record keeping showing the number of clubs jr has shot at.

Now you say you are tired of reading the facts over and over. Read a different thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2021
  19. Ohioshooter

Ohioshooter Member

Nice to see how you react to someone who agrees with you on everything but one thing you say. And you only respond to something you can pick apart. Have fun with your pissing matches and continue on if you please, or make a new thread. I don’t give a rats ass either about what you say or what you believe. Never once doubted that he made that post bragging, I just stated I didn’t see it and I’m sure it’s 100% true that you have it and that it happened. Those are the facts this post is about. The mods have posted on other threads to stay on topic as well when you have a pissing match going on that can all be a PM. I am not a fan of Townsend whatsoever so continue on about the TOPIC OF THIS POST.

20. Tom Machamer

Tom Machamer Active Member Founding Member

[QUOTE="Ohioshooter, post: 118496, I’m just saying it seems every thread on here the same things are said over and over about subjr and some of us on here are tired of reading it over and over. The subject of this thread is what you pointed out minus the subjr part. Let’s keep talking about that.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

21. Smithy

You can decide to ignore Subjr’s lies. From the fantasy potholes to him shooting at “hundreds of clubs” He made the above false statement on this thread.

I can focus on both. The fibber and Townsend. Forever will live sub jr’s remarks on the internet as well as Pipe Layer’s 20 flats.

22. lord maker

lord maker Mega Poster Founding Member

Subjr was not wrong. Sportsmen's den did have some ammo in their Shelby store. Not enough to cover the cardinal though,.

Gunsmoke05, Subjr1 and Ohioshooter like this.
  23. Smithy

Sure he was wrong. He said to “blame them” - for not bringing the ammo. He was just as right as when he claimed to have shot at hundreds of clubs.

Cripes. Reading is difficult for these toasters.

24. butterly

butterly Mega Poster

Do you guys really think the Blaser Rep cares that he has been outed?

Ohioshooter likes this.
  25. Subjr1

Subjr1 Active Member

Tough saying... I guess it depends on how he got them. If he did everything right then no. If he cut a corner then maybe, but who knows the truth. Nothing that's even close to evidence has been posted yet.

26. cl3

cl3 Mega Poster Founding Member

It will be a while until I see him, I will ask. What little I have shot with and know him, he is a good person. He probably handled his purchase as several did.
    In Tucson he stood in the same long entry lines like everyone.
    Sounds to me like somebody wants to start the usual foolishness. Jealousy, jealousy!!!!!!
    Nick Bare

27. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

Merlo reports this Monday, with a MORE COMING ON THIS at the end.

I am still waiting for the MORE from Merlo.

He must have some sort of proof but not sharing ?

For some reason Merlo starts a lot of these things and then goes into hiding.

I begin to think he likes to stir shit and sit back and watch.

I only read this site maybe 2 times a week now, gotten to be the same old stuff and not much about Trap Shooting.

Used to be a good informational site but lately ?? Arguing over nothing.

I am sure they will give me a "Time Out" and i can only say, lets hear more about the shoots of old, and not the xcrap of now.

28. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

“I’m sure they will give me a time out”

You know I like to gamble so how much are you willing to wager that you DON’T get timed out?

29. TF1

TF1 Active Member Founding Member

Never bet against a moderator.

30. Subjr1

Subjr1 Active Member

Seemed to me that the statement was rhetorical and not serious… No need to make silly wagers.

31. Flyersarebest

It’s never a silly wager when you have “the nuts”

Look that saying up if you don’t know what it means.

And BTW Jr., I thought you were done with this “mess of a site”

John Trap likes this.
  32. Subjr1

Subjr1 Active Member

It is when it’s not supposed to be taken seriously lol
    I’ll stick around to see all the “interesting” discussions. Still waiting on info/evidence for this post

33. Jim/Canton

Jim/Canton Mega Poster

Merlo has never been wrong….
    He reported. I decided. Took some digging.

History Seeker….how much more do you need?
    00869EC3-ADFE-4738-A836-A4A3AB5D7F46.jpeg

34. jd88201

jd88201 Active Member

I don't get what the big deal is I talked to a shooter at the Grand this year who told me he shot his reloads at the singles and doubles and sold the new shells to a friend of his. What difference does it make if some guy got some new shells to take home I am sure he wasn't the only one.

oleolliedawg likes this.
  35. Orangeman

Orangeman Active Member

It's official Ohioshooter says we can talk about it. close call right?

36. ljutic329

ljutic329 Mega Poster Founding Member

Really stupid post

Ushoot2, ammo, Ohioshooter and 3 others like this.
  37. Wayne J

Wayne J Mega Poster

I believe ljutic329 hit the nail square on the head.

Subjr1 likes this.
  38. Flyersarebest

“Interesting discussions” ?

Like the number of potholes?

BRAD DYSINGER and Orangeman like this.
  39. Charles Baker

Charles Baker Active Member

That's gonna need some context to narrow it down.

40. Subjr1

Subjr1 Active Member

Can't wait for the OP or any of the fanboys to realize the gentleman under discussion bought the 20 cases at Walmart... Still waiting on real hard evidence that he bought them at the shell house. Like Ljutic329 said "really stupid post"

41. Orangeman

Orangeman Active Member

Yeah….. he said very clearly he got 20 flats of ammo from Walmart. Lololol. WSRC is just like Walmart. Lololol. Who writes this stuff for you?

42. Ohioshooter

Ohioshooter Member

If only you could understand the context of what was being said. Thanks for the screenshot so the rest of the people could see what the exact purpose of THIS post was about.

43. Billy

Billy Mega Poster

Does anyone really care or are they PO because
    they did not get a shot at Buying them !!

ammo, Wayne J and cl3 like this.
  44. Subjr1

Subjr1 Active Member

Agreed! If they don’t go to the shoot they don’t get the shells available. Then some complain because the didn’t bring shells to another shoot 470 miles away. Kinda ridiculous. Then they make up rumors about someone who dedicated their time to helping our sport, trying to get that person off of the committee because they bought shells at the shoot. Seems like some people are selfish and just don’t know what they’re talking about when it comes to stories/rumors.

oh still waiting on hard evidence still

-Subjr

45. butterly

butterly Mega Poster

Subjr

Facts show the biggest liar on any of the recent threads could be you. I too read your boast of shooting at “hundreds” of clubs. We all know that to be a lie right?

Are you now implying the OP didn’t have a clue about the facts? I can see a screen shot of his own Facebook post. Unless Townsend is a liar like you, he left the grand with 20 flats of ammo.

merlo said I report. You decide. I can see the facts. Townsend said he left the grand with 20 flats. I read your lie.

I might have bought a Blaser before I knew Townsend was a Rep. I know now.

John Trap likes this.
  46. Rn3

Rn3 Well-Known Member

If I would have went to the Sparta Walmart I could have got 10 flats there and 10 at the shell house and left the Grand with 20, if I had the patience to wait in line could have got all 20 from the shell house. You all need to go shoot and stop worrying what other people do.

Subjr1 and Tom Machamer like this.
  47. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Rn3 An Ohio resident couldn't legally buy ammo at the Sparta Wall Mart without jumping thru the gov's hoops.

Dave Berlet

John Trap likes this.
  48. Rn3

Rn3 Well-Known Member

True, but a person could easily bought 20 flats if you were there for the entire grand.

Subjr1 likes this.
  49. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Pray tell what doe's that have to do with Wall Mart? Seems like you like to keep moving the goal posts. If you shot every program target including the Champion of Champion you could have collected 10 flats plus 8 boxes with your entry slips. To get more you would have had to stand in some very long lines or pulled some short strings. It could have been done, but easily and appropriately I don't know.

Dave Berlet

50. Subjr1

Subjr1 Active Member

They could if they bought the $15 hunting License... Didnt think about that huh?

Rn3 likes this.
  51. Subjr1

Subjr1 Active Member

Still holding onto exaggerated words... that's sad. How about you talk to Dean himself, then you can realize the "20 cases" were purchased from the Walmart.
    Doesn't hurt to go the center of the topic, but like many people on this site. You like stirring up drama and not accepting the truth..
    Why not ask him over the phone or on Facebook and then get your answer and post that screenshot? because you're lazy? because you don't want the truth out there? Or because you like joining in on the rumors?

52. butterly

butterly Mega Poster

You have issues with facts. I didn’t ask if he left the grand with 20 flats. I believe him. He posted he did.
    I can accept his statement.

You posted you shot at hundreds of clubs. I looked that up. Lie!

He is a rep for Blaser…fact.

He is on the Central Handicap Committee.

The facts are what they are. Dean was telling the truth I am sure. OP didn’t imply he lied. You lied. Very clearly. You never shot at hundreds of clubs. You lied.

I don’t have to buy from Blaser. You don’t have to lie.

wpt and John Trap like this.
  53. Dave Berlet

That was the gov's hoops that I was talking about.
    The bottom line here is I shouldn't bother to argue with an idiot. First they try to bring you down to their level and then they try to beat you with experience.

Dave Berlet

cwtech, BRAD DYSINGER and wpt like this.
  54. Subjr1

Subjr1 Active Member

Not really a “gov’s policy” because some stores didn’t honor it… more or less a Walmart thing than anything else. If it were a “govs policy” then Gamaliel shouldn’t sell to out of staters for the Grand, they probably have an exemption somehow but nonetheless. Plenty of IL gun shops don’t do the hunting license perk for out of staters/not touching states
    Just trying to inform you, but I forgot YOU KNOW EVERYTHING
    But when it comes to the Idiot comment.. it takes one to know one. Why don’t you act like an adult instead of a toddler name calling people you don’t like
    -Subjr

55. User 1

User 1 Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

"Plenty" of people drive over the LEGAL speed limit, and just because they "didn't honor it" DOES NOT make it LEGAL .....

As you say ..... "Just trying to inform you" about "gov's policy" aka laws .....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.