crazy prices

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by mtpockets51, Jan 7, 2023.

1. mtpockets51

mtpockets51 Member

Just got home from an auction in Jerseyville,IL. and where I watched .410 shotgun shells sell for $50.00 a box. I am sure I have lived too long. Rick

2. Smokintom

Smokintom Mega Poster Founding Member

Wow
    Unbelievable what some people are willing to pay.

3. LCH

LCH Mega Poster Forum Leader

Yup I've seen items in auctions where people are paying what the item is worth......before the auction/shipping fees. People are pretty ignorant.

4. mudpack

mudpack Mega Poster Founding Member

Auction bidding can easily become an ego thing, and the result is someone paying far more than an item is worth.
    Re; the scenario described by the OP.

If you bid at auction, you must be able to exercise good self-control.

5. rrisum

rrisum Mega Poster

$50 a box? -- Just contacted our local gun action on a gun I want to sell --20% to sell $1000 or less -15% over $1000 then they add a 15 1/2 % buyers fee plus 5-1/2% sales tax. Sounds like a good business to go in to.

6. jet setter

jet setter Active Member

Agree. In the end, some folks just have more money than sense.

Mallard Cutter and Ken Cerney like this.
  7. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

what is a ballpark average for a common bag of cb type /12ga wads 500 count, these days?

8. Just Trap

Just Trap Well-Known Member

My local supplier sells for $100-105/case. Cabela’s has them for $14.95/500.

9. jet setter

jet setter Active Member

Around me it is about $14/bag of 500.

10. bobski

looks like 14 to 15.00. thanks guys.

11. frostyman

frostyman Active Member

The local online auction in Kansas City, for gun sales charges 19% and then 10% buyers premium and about 10% sales tax. Non-gun items (like shells) they charge 38%. So if you list a case of shells and they sell for $100, as the seller you get $62 (100 minus 38%) and the buyer has to pay $120 (100 plus 10% premium plus 10% tax).

rrisum likes this.
  12. bobski

and people wonder why the auction model is on a slump these days.

13. Trapstarr

Trapstarr Hall monitor

Well it’s an auction and people want to display their wealth. This is why auctions exists.