Cheddite Primers Available

Discussion in 'Reloading Bench' started by mpolans, Jul 7, 2021.

1. mpolans

mpolans Mega Poster

Not the cheapest, but still in stock as of now:

2. Robert Lucks

Robert Lucks Retired Army

look at the shipping and hazmat charge!!!!.....WTF?

3. rrisum

rrisum Mega Poster

Picked some up at the Wisconsin state shoot -- Limited supply -- but they had them!. -- RECOBS

4. Eric KOLAR

Eric KOLAR New Member

Nice they had some. If you don't mind, what were they charging and what was the limit? They have not had them available on their website.

5. rrisum

rrisum Mega Poster

1000 primer limit --$35ish? -- got what I could -- Recobs has always treated Wisconsin shooter right -- You hit the nail on the head, It is the shipping and hazmat that will kill you with small limits on any purchase.

6. Billy

Billy Mega Poster

They let you post this link ?

Palos shooter likes this.
  7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Please do not shoot them in your Krieghoff-as they've been known to pierce and subsequently destroy firing pins.

gailmk67 likes this.
  8. Just Trap

Just Trap Well-Known Member

I've been loading them for about 3 years now. Never pierced any and no problems for my K80.

But I only shoot about 40 flats a year.

9. oleolliedawg

Others may disagree-including the gunsmiths at Krieghoff International.

10. Just Trap

I'm sure. Hilmer just did an annual on my gun in May. I bought it used about 5 years ago, so I'm ok with replacing the pins with over 40K rounds.

How many rounds are you putting through your K gun before you see changes with the pins?

11. oleolliedawg

I wouldn't know-just an annual service every couple years.

12. mission6222

mission6222 Mega Poster

oleolliedawg, Do you really know any thing about the primer, or are you just talking. Just wondering.

13. oleolliedawg

I don't just talk-I simply know. Try calling Krieghoff International and get a second opinion. Do not question the 'dawg!

14. mission6222

mission6222 Mega Poster

I think the 'dawg may have flees.

Rn3, Dave Berlet and Ed Budreau like this.
  15. oleolliedawg

FLEAS- Learn how to spell my malady before making accusations!

16. Santafe

Santafe Member

CAC had them 31.75 a thousand + tax

17. eurojoe

eurojoe Active Member

Got a call from a friend stating that a gunshop had cheddites for $38/M about 40 miles away! Called them up and asked if there was a limit per sale. Ha said NO, buy as many as you want! Whoopee! headed out ready to buy 10 or 12 thousand. Called again on the way up to confirm. he said no problem! We asked how many he had available, he said 2 thousand! Turned around and went home.
    I guess he thought that was a lot !

oleolliedawg likes this.
  18. Joe Winnicki

Joe Winnicki Mega Poster

Bought Cheddities at Sportsmens in Flagstaff Arizona two weeks ago $39.95 1k per customer per day picked 4k in the four days I was there.

19. eurojoe

eurojoe Active Member

Update: It turns out that my friend had called from the road , and was halfway there already. Needless to say, he did go up and buy the two thousand!

20. My3johns

My3johns Mega Poster

great news, have not seen primer in a year

21. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

I picked up 20K Winchester primers in October at the Fall Handicap

22. mission6222

mission6222 Mega Poster

Well! That is just wonderful for you. You should be proud to own an amount that could have kept 4 people shooting for a little while. WE ARE ALL IN THIS SHORTAGE TOGETHER.

23. Just Trap

Heard from several people that there was an abundance of components at the Fall handicap with no limits. Guys maxing out cards buying more 8 pounders of powder than they could carry in one trip. Course, that only mattered if you were there. Had a buddy that shared his good fortune on primers with me.

24. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

mission 6222, Well is you were a shooting buddy of mine you would have shared in the bounty of primers. 15K went to my friends who needed them at the same price as I paid. If you knew me you would know that's how I do things. As Paul Harvey use to say, now you know the rest of the story.

25. mission6222

mission6222 Mega Poster

Thank you for letting us know.