can anybody see a light at the end of the "primer" tunnel ?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by sonnyboy, Apr 19, 2021.

1. sonnyboy

sonnyboy New Member

Winter is finally gone an now its time to break "clays" in shorter sleeves. I can find shot.....but man was its expensive, an wads can be found if you "hunt" for them, but awwwwww, its the primers that are darn near impossable to find. Oh, you can find some primers that will mess up the primer pockets if you don't mind ruining your empties which also are getting harder to find. You can shoot factory stuff, if you can find any an then afford to buy a crate or two if your wealthy enough. I can hold out a little bit more with my components stash, but primers are the missing key. Sheesh, why can't somebody come up with a primer resizer to squeeze the sides down on fat primers to match the rem's or win's primer dimensions. Can anybody see a light on the end of this tunnel?????...............................................sonnyboy

2. mpolans

mpolans Mega Poster

Why not just convert to the “fat” primers that you’ve said are easier to find and not worry about the primer pockets? I’ve swapped over to Nobel 688s and Cheddites. No problems so far.

3. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Sometimes the “Light At The End Of The Tunnel”
    turns out to be the headlight of a bigazz locomotive.

4. pump gun guy

pump gun guy Active Member

With orders running a year behind ,I don't see it getting a lot better anytime soon. There are reported to be bunches of Cheddites from France in shipping containers on ships in N.Y. harbor but there is a slowdown in unloading them . I guess we will just have to wait and see. As for me, I am not that optimistic.