California Gov Signs Bill AB 2571 that Outlaws Youth Shooting/SCTP?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by BRAD DYSINGER, Jul 18, 2022.

1. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I just read on Breitbart that California was being sued over a law that Newson sighed by emergency order that will make (SCTP) youth shooting illegal. The bill is AB 2571. You should read up on it. Meanwhile in Indiana a 22 year old with a handgun killed a would be mass shooter in an Indianapolis mall really fast. Unfortunately the shooter killed 3 before being shot by the 22 year old. Hell of a country we got here ain't it.

2. Bc99

Bc99 Member

Can’t believe they couldn’t remove him from office. Must not be many sane people left in Comifornia.

Cooperdisciple likes this.
  3. boiler1

boiler1 Active Member

Unfortunately this country is now filled with ignorance and common sense is a thing of the past. When I was in high school we always brought guns in our cars to go hunting when school was done with our buddies. I don't believe the thought ever entered our minds to use them on people. If we had a problem with another student we would fight it out on state land. shake hands and more often than not end up friends. I blame the participation trophy generation for where we are today.

4. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Newsom is nancy pelosi's nephew. insanity runs in the family among other things. Roger C.

mudpack, Ken Cerney, SES and 2 others like this.
  5. michigan_berry

michigan_berry Active Member

Brad - the bill would make it illegal to advertise or market any firearm or firearm related product to minors (like the regulations on tobacco/alcohol). It wouldn’t outlaw youth shooting entirely but it’s certainly dangerous for the next generation of shooters/hunters/2A supporters. There are a number of groups that jumped all over a countersuit so fingers crossed they’re successful.

6. Elsie

Elsie Mega Poster

I see where the 22 year old in Indiana who shot the mall shooter has retained a lawyer. Probably a good move, you know the aholes in the media are going to try and destroy him, even though he saved countless lives.

I'm sure the media is mad as hell at him for preventing a psycho from setting a record. Media likes higher body counts.

oleolliedawg, Rott, MOE and 1 other person like this.
  7. Rott

Rott Member

That's a very smart move IMO because the media is another name for crazy folks.

8. 99PLUS

99PLUS Well-Known Member Founding Member

One of the reasons they couldn't remove him is the sane(Republicans) are moving out of the state in droves while the insane stay there.

Ken Cerney likes this.
  9. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

michigan berry Does this mean that anyone who advertises on this site can be fined by the Commies from California since kids can easily access this, look at all the sctp pictures.

LimaShooter50 likes this.
  10. michigan_berry

michigan_berry Active Member

The way things have gone the last couple years, I’d say anything’s possible. I don’t see how this could hold up so here’s hoping.

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  11. daledb

daledb Member

The following is from the father of a California shooter:........

Please Help Get Lola's Story Out!
    I am the father of Lola Fitzgerald a junior youth competitive shooter who is a four-time Skeet All-American, a three-time Junior World Champion, and a four-time
    California State Lady Champ in Skeet shooting. She is also a minor under the age of 18,
    residing in Rancho Cucamonga California.
    Since the passage of AB 2571, because my daughter is a minor living
    in California, she has been cut off from some of the national youth shooting groups.
    For instance, she can no longer receive emails from National Skeet
    Shooting Association, a leading organization in her chosen area of sport skeet shooting, that would
    otherwise, alert her to events and registration information for upcoming
    competitions.
    My daughter is unable to contact USA Shooting, and they are unable
    to reach out to my daughter, because of her age and the reasonable fear that if they
    do advertise, market, or otherwise communicate with her (and other minors in
    California) the organization will expose itself to substantial civil liability under AB
    My daughter has also been unable to log into sites to see future
    tournaments and standings of the shooters as they compete.
    All publications have stopped coming to my daughter, and coaches are
    canceling training clinics that she would usually attend. We are unsure if we fly
    our daughter out of state to train whether the coaches would be in violation of the law because our daughter is a resident of California.
    Communications that we had with recruiting colleges such as Trinity, Hillsdale, Purdue, Jacksonville University & TCU have stopped
    because they are unable to communicate with youth in California regarding their
    shooting teams and opportunities because of her age and the reasonable fear that if
    they do advertise, market, or otherwise communicate with her (and other minors in
    California) they will expose themselves to substantial civil liability under AB 2571.
    AB 2571 effectively destroys my daughter’s training, opportunities to
    compete at the USA, Olympic, and World levels and has shut down her communications
    with the USA & NSSA Shooting, and other national groups and recruiters.

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  12. BRAD DYSINGER

daledb - If this is true I guess my question is answered.

13. Fargo2

Fargo2 Well-Known Member

Is the ATA still going to talk to young California shooters? Will they purge their data base?

14. Smithy

Smithy Mega Poster Founding Member

Where is Lola’s Father? Why isn’t he on this site? He could move his daughter to Illinois but I suspect they will use the same law soon.

Why spend more effort in California?

15. BRAD DYSINGER

Now I see California is going to allow any resident, to sue any gun company, for any reason they think up. If this is the case the ATA needs to revoke California's ATA membership and expel there delegate.

Fat chance of that happening with the ATA being based in commie Illinois though. California is so abortion crazy it's time to practice post birth abortion on a mass scale out there in commie land.

16. paBOB

paBOB Well-Known Member

If the ATA leaders, Delegates etc, had half a testicle they would sue the the State of California. Looks like they just want the SCTP dues.

Ask your Delegate what the plan is!

oleolliedawg and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  17. BRAD DYSINGER

paBob In 2002 or so, before the ATA moved to Illinois from Ohio, they paid 50 grand to a company to do a survey of ATA members on what was most important to them if the ATA left Ohio. The number one finding was move to a gun friendly state. The delegates voted one year later to move to Illinois. That tells you how many brains (balls) they had.

In other California news I saw yesterday that to buy mouse traps in California you have to have a hunting license.

We already know to buy ammo in Illinois you have to have a foid card. To buy either in Ohio you have to have money. The ATA left Ohio, I guess they'll be in California once Illinois goes broke at Sparta.

18. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Mega Poster

So sad to read this!
    Paul in Virginia

19. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

The EC committee for the last 25 or more years has been as worthless as tits on a bore hog. All they worry about is getting paid for attending shoots and their $25,000 dollar shot gun. What ever else they get or take we have no record of. Most of todays shooters do not know how an honorable executive committee would run the organization. And the rest of them would not care. SAD BUT TRUE Roger C.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    Cooperdisciple and Ken Cerney like this.
  20. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Pushing to the top because of this,

High-School Clay Target League Shuts Down in Wake of New California Gun Law

Popped up on the net 12:40 pm 8/9/22

You can search for the Field and Stream website to read the entire story.

Dysinger was right!

21. BRAD DYSINGER

About this or about Neil?

22. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

23. EdS

EdS Member

I understand that Newsom was related to Pelosi by marriage, not a blood relative. But still, CA remains the land of fruits and nuts.

Flyersarebest likes this.