BUYING SHELLS AT WALMART IN SPARTA

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by BIG PAPA, Jul 26, 2021.

1. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Forum Reporter Founding Member Forum Reporter

Will someone in Sparta area please tell us non-residents what will be required for us to purchase shells at the Sparta Walmart. Thanks any help will sure be appreciated.

2. Troutbum

Troutbum Active Member

If you live in a state that borders Illinois you may buy shells. If you do not live in a bordering state, you have to purchase a non resident hunting license in order to buy shells. Last I knew a 5 day non resident hunting license was around $35.

3. mudpack

mudpack Mega Poster Founding Member

Cash.
    Credit card.
    Check book.
    Sam's Club membership card.
    Driver's license.
    Covid vaccination card.
    Homeowner's Insurance policy
    Passport.
    ATA card
    Hunting license.
    Birth certificate (original)
    Federal Migratory Bird Stamp.
    IL State Migratory Bird Stamp.
    Statement of Good Character from at least three IL residents.
    Proof of substantial donation(s) to the DNC (you can make that donation right there at the Wal-Mart...)
    Baptismal certificate.
    Note from your mother (notarized).

WesleyB, cl3, Flyersarebest and 7 others like this.
  4. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

who'd ever dream the day would come when the sport would have ammo pimps selling (bang) on the street corners. lol.

Flyersarebest and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  5. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Mudpack, that post is right up there with the best of them. Thank You

mudpack, cl3, wpt and 2 others like this.
  6. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Forum Reporter Founding Member Forum Reporter

I got to Sparta today (Monday). Needed groceries so I went to Walmart in Sparta. They do not have any shotgun shells in the store!!!!!!!

wpt likes this.
  7. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

Oh Oh ~~~

8. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

BOHICA--Bend Over Here It Comes Again--get ready to shoot with a mask in 100 degree heat--

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  9. Rn3

Rn3 Well-Known Member

How do you get that out of Walmart running out of shells.

10. lord maker

lord maker Mega Poster Founding Member

at the shell house today, guys said wal mart sold 30 pallets of shells already. dont know if its fact or fiction. my shooting buddies and i managed to score 27 flats of STS, and 8 lbs of green dot today. I call that a win.

11. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

It means if u go to Sparta, you'll get screwed--its not worth the trip, unless you're chasing all American points and you risk not getting shells,too

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  12. Rn3

Rn3 Well-Known Member

How would you get screwed and the shell house has plenty of shells.

13. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

also, you got to pay IDNR $3.00 per event for the privilege of shooting in their state--

14. Max Trap

Max Trap Well-Known Member Founding Member

Walmart had 2 pallets of estates last night. 10 flat limit. They were going out the door at a brisk pace.

15. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Mega Poster Founding Member

There are plenty of shell at the grand for sale.Pallets stacked up 2 high at the shell house.They wont run out of shells for the grand.
    Show your paid entry and buy your shells.This keeps the non shooters away that just hoard the shells and sell them at the gun shows.
    I have been at gun shows where their were tables full of the Federal 4 pack that Walmart sells except they were $50 for the 4 packs.
    The hoarders clean out the Sparta Walmart on a daily basis.They had a pallet of 22s that no one was interested in..

cl3 likes this.