fs: vintage 1972 honda CL450K5 motorcycle

Discussion in 'Missouri- Vanzant Clay Pigeon Farm' started by bobski, Apr 23, 2022.

1. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

I am the original owner of this cycle. I purchased this CL450K5 new leftover stock in 1973 from Nash Brothers West Haven, Ct., when i was 16 and in high school!
    It is all original with 6900 miles. Its never been abused. Only wear on this bike is road grit from honest road use. Amazingly, the pipes are not rotted at all. Its never gone down. Some minor rust spots are forming here and there, but its all mechanically sound. No rips or dents anywhere. It has been garaged its whole life. It has sat long periods in between use due to military service. In 1992, (because of sitting,) the top end froze up when I was away for 10 years. I had the top end rebored to a true 450cc and its been fine since. It has Dunlop K87 tires and has a spare CB450 road gear, chain, numerous keys, and a Chilton manual that comes with it. I added in line fuel filters, Mulholland shocks, and an extra CB450 grab handle on the right side, otherwise the bike 100% original. Original shocks included. I will have it running when you come to buy it and will install a brand new battery. I'm holding off on the battery purchase until someone actually commits to its purchase; But, you're more than welcome to come and see it beforehand. No test rides unless I have your cash in my hand. Good title from Va. Breaks my heart to sell this, but time moves on. Buy it and take good care of it. As is. Was is. 5000.00 cash, ftf in ct. BRING A TRAILER. sorry, no trading with guns.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
  2. bobski

btt...

3. Ott

Ott Member

Awesome.

4. bobski

pm answered.

5. bobski

I leave ct end of the month. if anyone is interested, the ftf sale in ct must be done by then, or the bike will sit until aug. lmk.

6. bobski

btt...

7. bobski

i'll be in ct after thanksgiving fora month. bring a trailer.

8. bobski

liking the topic doesnt get it sold. buy it! find someone who will!

9. bobski

looks like im going to have to wipe it down again. more dust and crud settled on it. shame to see this bike just sit.
    someone come and get it!

10. bobski

btt...

11. bobski

btt...