BLOWIN' SMOKE

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by HistoryBuff, Sep 9, 2021.

1. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

I just received a copy of Blowin' Smoke, a book containing stories about the golden years of trapshooting written by Steve Carmichael.

It should be available very soon in paperback, hardcover and eBook.

I haven't read it yet but I briefly looked it over and saw some sections about notable shooters and tournaments, so I think it will be an interesting read.

The Forward written by Neal Crausbay, the great shooter, Hall of Famer and Past ATA President certainly peaked my interest.

Thought I'd share for those who might be interested.

FORWARD-Neal Crausbay.jpg

BLOWIN' SMOKE.jpg

2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

I will have this book for sure, Steve is a GREAT GUY and one hell of a shooter ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Thanks for the heads up HB

4. michigan_berry

michigan_berry Active Member

Just ordered a copy! I’ve never met or got to see Mr. Carmichael shoot but have certainly heard of him and the time he did most of his shooting in. I’m sure this will be full of great and important stories.

Thanks for the heads up.

HistoryBuff likes this.
  5. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Where can I order from? I ALSO WANT ONE. ROGER C.

6. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Well-Known Member Founding Member

I ordered mine on Amazon. $24.95 hard cover.

Ron Burdick

History Seeker likes this.
  7. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

Available through:

Amazon
    Barns and Noble
    Gatekeeperexpress

Jim Flynn and cwtech like this.
  8. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

Thanks for posting this HB. I will order a copy this morning. Many times throughout the years I’ve encouraged Brad Dysinger to write a book like this. I can’t wait to read it.

wpt and HistoryBuff like this.
  9. Dobyns

Dobyns Well-Known Member

I just ordered one.

10. Jim Flynn

Jim Flynn Well-Known Member

Just ordered mine to. JIM FLYNN

HistoryBuff likes this.
  11. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Mega Poster Founding Member

I ordered the E book from Amazon,they have the hard Copy and the paperback also.
    The e book was $2.99. I like reading books on my Apple tablet and using the Kindle App.
    It is so much brighter than reading from the book.The book has a lot of interesting story’s from the past.
    I am pushing 80 so I am from the old school of trapshooting.Hand set targets on Winchester machines and hand pulled targets.

wpt, Flyersarebest and HistoryBuff like this.
  12. Dogbest

Dogbest Well-Known Member Founding Member

I used to shoot at Steve's trap club in Las Vegas and always liked him.

Jim Flynn and HistoryBuff like this.
  13. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Mega Poster Founding Member

I shot at the Vegas club when it was in Floyd Lamb State Park.Always a nice place to shoot when in Vegas.

wpt and Jim Flynn like this.
  14. PaShooter

PaShooter Member

Purchased it last night for my Kindle, great book for anybody interested in the golden years of trapshooting history…pretty tough to put down

Paul H
    Imperial, Pa

HistoryBuff and wpt like this.
  15. wpt

If there was ever a Man qualified to write a book on Trap Shooting Steve Carmichael would be at the top of that heap ... I met Steve at the Grand back in the 70's he has always been a nice guy and great person, his family also ... His club in Vegas and the Fall Handicap was always fun and well attended ... Clark Country got the best end of the deal when they hired him, Steve more so than any other deserved to have that job and that position ... Best of luck to him, his family and his new venture in writing ... I ordered my copy, looks like it will be hard to put down based on the sample read posted on Amazon ... All the Best Sir .... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    Dobyns and HistoryBuff like this.
  16. Clayman

Clayman Well-Known Member

Steve still manages a great gun club in Las Vegas, The Clark County Shooting Complex.
    Wonderful facility. Come out and shoot it sometime.

HistoryBuff likes this.
  17. Dogbest

Dogbest Well-Known Member Founding Member

Thanks. I visited there several times when I lived in Henderson.
    It's a fun place to shoot.

18. thetruth22

thetruth22 Member

Thanks for the heads up

19. thetruth22

thetruth22 Member

Thanks for the heads up

HistoryBuff likes this.
  20. wpt

I ordered a copy should be here any day now ... Steve is truly one of the GOOD GUYS ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

cl3 likes this.
  21. TF1

TF1 Active Member Founding Member

Get my copy Thursday, read it yesterday afternoon. Very well written and enjoyable. Brought back memories of the way things used to be and Steve gives a good reasoning as to why things have changed. Have been around since 1966 so I know about the individuals he described and can call several friends. His writing paints a vivid picture of the past, at least for me. Highly recommended and a bargain in paperback or kindle.

wpt and HistoryBuff like this.
  22. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

My copy arrived today. Hard to put down, great read!

23. guiness

guiness Member

good book lots of humour on the trap field that you never knew about

24. T Jordan

T Jordan Well-Known Member V I P

I read about 40 pages today it is great.

25. SES

SES Active Member

Got mine Yesterday!!!

26. jlmccuan

jlmccuan Member

I got the Kindle version night before last. Good read. Got through it in about 2 hours, but I may read a little faster than most. I will be re-reading it this winter as the stories are great.
    Jim