Bird pics coming soon

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by rookieshooter, May 17, 2022.

1. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

The gorgeous Baltimore Orioles have migrated back from South America to central west Ohio last week. And one pair decided to build their amazing engineered woven hanging nest about 50' up in one of our Hackberry trees.
    I was very lucky just to be in the right spot at right time when I spotted a splash of orange bouncing around on the same limb. Went in the house and got my spotting scope. Low and behold, a female Baltimore O just started weaving a nest with the more brilliant male Oriole bringing up what looked to be dried grass clippings.
    Problem is I'm waiting for my new Nikon camera to arrive since my other one took a dump.
    No problem since it takes anywhere from a week to 10 days depending on how much it rain there is to complete the nest.
    Bluebird pics will also be taken. Just had 5 young BB's fledge their nest.

2. rookieshooter

Here is a pic just after she finished nest. Camera was about 80 yards away and the nest is about 50' up tree. BALT NEST 2022 resize.png

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2022
    Speedshots0 likes this.
  3. rookieshooter

Once the eggs hatch I should be able to get some better pics as the Baltimore Orioles start feeding them.
    Below is a pic of the male high in the top of a crab apple tree. Could not get a good shoot.

Attached Files:

Flyersarebest likes this.
  4. rookieshooter

Took some Bluebird pics. So far one BB nesting box has done fledged 5 young. Below pic is of a male that was taking a brake on a fence post

. DSCN0205.JPG

Flyersarebest likes this.
  5. rookieshooter

Tried to get better pic of the Baltimore O's nest. The nest is about 80 yards from camera and the wind just keeps blowing. So what I did was to put camera on a 5 shot burst until I got one that may look good.
    The tree is loaded with Hack berries which are easy too see.

Attached Files:

6. rookieshooter

Hummingbirds are back. DSCN0242.JPG HUMMINGBIRD 1.jpg

frogjump likes this.
  7. rookieshooter

Bluebird on flag pole and one on a limb. Mean time a deer walks out in field.
    Noticed a new pair of Baltimore O's just took residence about 50 yards from the first pair of BO's. May have to put out some grape jelly to entice them for a photo op.

Attached Files:

8. frogjump

frogjump Active Member