Beautiful shells & great packaging

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by 635 G, May 10, 2021.

1. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

Just got two flats of shells from one of my suppliers. All I can say they are the prettiest shells I've seen .

The brand is Victory & the model shells are Tracker & Searcher, one is black with gold lettering, the other is cream with red lettering, and have a picture of a hunting dog on them--both have high brass & the box is closed with an interlocking top--no way the top is going to spring open and all ten boxes in the flat are in a plastic bag

The shells come from Nicosia, Cyprus

2. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

pics????

3. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

I don't use a smart phone, & I don't take pictures might get a bud to do it

4. Dakota Jake

Dakota Jake Member

I want to see picture too!! Where did you get them from?

5. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

I found them on ~~~ Victorycartridges

Not allowed to post the link on here.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2021
    BRAD DYSINGER and Flyersarebest like this.
  6. Russel Foster

Russel Foster Member

7. bobski

ahh....yes. 6 crimp international loads. fast and light. theyre the 24gr (3/4-7/8oz loads.) thanks for the pics.

History Seeker likes this.
  8. History Seeker

635 G's Boxes and shells

Thanks for coming up and sharing these Phil !

100_3568.JPG 100_3569.JPG

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  9. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Target Retriever

The ata has that too
    It’s called FTF
    Two in every box

10. History Seeker

Hell, I read somewhere that the Skeeters are going to get 4 FTFs / round this year. Guess Neil got on their BOD too.

11. Flyersarebest

I saw that also. I think? maybe if they are shooting reloads. Something about the lack of factory shells.

12. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I shot reloads for many years and never had 4 shell related FTF's in all that time together. I think it's Neil. The virus strikes again.

13. Flyersarebest

Like I always say, Follow The Money

The NSSA

Hey guys, how are we going to handle the bigger shoots this year? With the ammo shortage I'm thinking a lot of shooters will stay home if they can't get ammo. That's a nice piece of change we won't be seeing from fees.

I know what you mean. I've heard a lot of guys say they shoot factory ammo so they don't have a problem. Like if they shot their reloads.

Agreed, I've heard the same thing but we have to do something to keep the money coming in.

I know, at a Skeet shoot we will let them have four reload screwups without any kind of penalty. They will keep them shooting and the money won't dry up completely. They can have four do overs per round of twenty five.

And how about this? If it's a Sporting shoot they can have sixteen do overs. That will bring them out to shoot.

But what happens when, lets say, a guy wasn't ready for a true pair and he claims a bad shell?
    You are going to ley him or her do that sixteen times in a hundred bird course?

Hey, don't throw water on this idea. I think it's great. It's all about the money you know.

Wow, why didn't we think of that sooner? We should have let them have a lot more failure to fire do overs a long time ago. It would have increased the number of shooters a bunch.

Ahhhh, I don't thinks so. I heard about a guy in some other shooting organization that tried that and it was one big cluster*^#>.
    To say he screwed the pooch would be an understatement.

Oh, If it's who I think it is he was the biggest ass to ever come down the pike.

14. 25nout

25nout Well-Known Member

Victory shotgun shells are made in Cyprus. For me a little heavy on recoil with their 1 oz loads.

15. Shooter-007

Shooter-007 Well-Known Member

Nice looking shells!
    Catchy name "Target Retriever"!

16. bobski

ok...correct me if im wrong. 24gr is the weight of shot. 24gr is around 3/4 to 7/8oz of shot.
    how can a 24gr shell be a 1oz load?

17. History Seeker

You are correct on the first box picture but ~~~

The pics I took for 635 G were 28 Gr. 1 OZ. loads

18. bobski

must be a misprint.

19. Flyersarebest

Misprint? Ok, now I'm lost

The first picture is of box Victory brand VSA 24g 12 ga. shells.
    The top flap shows 24g/ 7/8 oz
    24.8 oz = 7/8oz

The picture of the dog boxes are Victory brand 28g 12 ga shells
    The top flap shows 28g-1oz.
    28.35g = 1.0z.

24g is lighter than 28g

I also see they make a "Clay Flusher"

The ata should contract for a shell called the "Four-Flusher"

History Seeker likes this.
  20. bobski

nope. im confused. I thought the topic was the beautiful 24gr loads. the extra postings were of 1oz. it thru my focus on the topic off. sorry for the confusion.

21. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

The 1 oz # 71/2 are @ 1220FPS, the 1 oz # are @ 1200 FPS, their recoil are very close to Noble Sports, but my B&P 1 oz loads @ 1160 are still my softest recoil shells

22. Howard K

Howard K Active Member

I just saw these locally over the weekend for 100 a case. Did not purchase but what is the quality of these shells. Are the comparable to sts or aa? Are they comparable to promo loads.

23. bobski

I vote promo.

24. Hasbeen

Hasbeen Well-Known Member

25. pump gun guy

pump gun guy Active Member

you are correct 24 grams is not 1oz. 21.26214 grams = 3/4 of an ounce 24 grams =0.846575 of an ounce or just a TAD under 7/8 ounces----- 28 Grams comes in just under an ounce at 0.987671 of an ounce.

26. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Ditto on Promo

GB...................................DLS