Bald Eagles

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by rookieshooter, Feb 11, 2019.

1. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

More and more people are reporting Bald Eagle sightings here in West Central Ohio. Just had a mature Eagle pitch down within 200 yards of our house walking around in a cut Soy bean field. Probably checking out a fresh road kill.
    Had the pleasure of viewing him thru my spotting scope. Actually stopped traffic as people were watching.
    The Stillwater river is close by

2. Sgoose

Sgoose Mega Poster Founding Member

If you want to see bald eagle in the lower 48, go to Lower Klamath Lake Refuge on the California Oregon board. The most bald eagle in the US other then Alaska.

3. Elsie

Elsie Mega Poster

I seen my first wild Bald Eagle in Indiana a few years ago. Saw him cruising up and down the Ohio River. Pretty awesome!

4. Maser

Maser ∞ Based ∞

Every once in a blue moon I'll see a Bald Eagle in my state, but doesn't really impress me all that much mainly because I see Golden Eagles all the time. Besides, we learn at an early age not to look up when any bird is flying overhead! :D

jansonuhl likes this.
  5. Joe Winnicki

Joe Winnicki Guest

Our gun club Carson Valley Clays is located at the foot of the Sierra, Nevada foothills 25 miles south of Lake Tahoe. In the cliffs just above our club we have been fortunate enough share the area with a pair of nesting Bald Eagles for years. Many Bald Eagles show up every year in the Carson Valley (Carson City, Nv.) to feed on the after birth of the cattle from the near-by ranches.

Joe

PS: A hiker got lost in the woods for a few days and was forced to kill and eat a Bald Eagle when he was finally found the game and fish gave him a ticket for killing a eagle, the hiker had to appear in court to explain himself to the judge, under the circumstances the judge dismissed the charge. Before the hiker left the courtroom the judge asked the hiker what did a Bald Eagle taste like ? The hiker replied, just like a Spotted Owl !

Elsie likes this.