ATA to shooters "We strongly recommend you bring your own ammunition" US Open

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by possumskinner, Jun 1, 2021.

1. possumskinner

possumskinner Active Member

Don't be the guy without ammo. The ATA is recommending you bring your own ammo to the US Open. from the ATA website.

2. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Mega Poster Founding Member

What about the Walmart in Sparta?
    They seem to have a good sporting goods department and have plenty of shells when they have the Grand.
    I would check there first.

3. pump gun guy

pump gun guy Active Member

Hopefully Wally World will have some. The only Catch is according to ILL. law is you can't buy ammo in ILL. unless you live in ILL. and have a FOID, live in a state that borders ILL. , have an ILL. hunting Lisc. So if you aren't in one of those categories ( or can have a buddy that is buy it FOR YOU ) you are SOL as far as getting it at an ILL. Walmart. ILL. law says you CAN buy it at a shooting venue you are shooting at and that would be the Grand itself.

4. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Will they have plenty of Masks, We (they) threw them away here in Ohio today? Why would you go to Sparta when you could shoot at the CC this weekend? Hey Stat Man Stan what's the odds The US Open will be larger than the Cardinal Shoot this weekend? I say .0000000000000000001% what you?

Roger Coveleskie and John Trap like this.
  5. Troutbum

Troutbum Active Member

No shells at all as of yesterday at Sparta Wal-Mart. Sporting goods manager told me they got wiped out by the SCTP shoot a couple of weeks ago. He also mentioned that Federal had cancelled all of their orders. He had no idea when they would see shells come in.

pump gun guy and History Seeker like this.
  6. pump gun guy

Just waiting or all the OPTIMIST to come on here and tell us how it's going to get so much better by summer----I'm betting NOT !

History Seeker and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  7. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

The points shooters ALWAYS find shells somehow.

They come from all over the USA and yet have plenty on hand.

They come by car, train, and plane, Butttttt ~~~

Kinda strange to me, but who am I ?

pump gun guy likes this.
  8. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

You know, if a guy WAS driving there and he had say, a LOT of shells, at home that he got for the old price he could probably sell some of them there and pay for his entire stay and shooting expenses.

Of course that's if someone wanted to go spend money in a state run by anti gun politicians.

9. pump gun guy

Not to worry , The Big Dogs will always have plenty !

10. STaT mAn STaN

STaT mAn STaN Mega Poster

Mr. BRAD DYSINGER
    "Always bet the trends and beware of whether you have weather". Nothing is trending up for the WSRC. Unless you consider they had nothing last year. On that trend alone bet almost any shoot at the CC. The odds you mentioned has a lot of point zeroes. Those odds would eventually put the bookies out. But, you understand the trend.

My money is on the Buckeye for the biggest day.....depending on weather.

11. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

like it was said by many....clay shooting is returning to its roots for just the wealthy, who are willing to pay inflated prices.
    those not so wealthy, (that were lucky enough to be stocked up, shoot it all up,) will go away and join those already out.

pump gun guy and History Seeker like this.
  12. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Mega Poster Founding Member

As of today the Walmart in Chester has been putting pallets if shells for sale and they are going fast.The hoarders are at work.

pump gun guy likes this.
  13. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

how much was it per box?

14. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

You can't get a price. I tried their website in Chester and they don't even show any ammunition. I called the store and after a 5 minute wait on "sporting goods" I got some employee, that was probably working in shoes yesterday, that didn't know what a "target shotgun shell" was.

She DID ask shelly or shellby and they didn't think they had any and didn't think they have had any for a good while. Of course she/they didn't know how much they were "cause we ain't got any"

Good luck!

pump gun guy likes this.
  15. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Stat Man I'm going out on a limb here, and even though I haven't seen any report from Brad M, I'll say that the Buckeye is way larger than the World Shooting Complex shoot this weekend. My last post I gave Sparta too much of a chance.

I've been watching the long range weather forecast and they are predicting a much hotter than normal summer. Stat Man what's the odds of 100 degree temperatures this year at sparta in August. if they shoot a shoot? Any odds on that and how many days?

16. STaT mAn STaN

STaT mAn STaN Mega Poster

Mr Dysinger

“Trends” and “Variables”.

The variable weather is predicable now. That should fare well for the CC gang. Another trend is the influence of PA shooters on the Cardinal Center. The only thing separating OH shooters from PA is an imaginary line. The Buckeye is an opportunity for the OH and PA brothers to shoot together. I doubt many between the two states will go to Illinois. That is the biggest trend. Bet on it.

As per 100 degree weather. As unpredictable as weather is, Sparta can be a sauna. That is a close one but I think the heat is on its way to Illinois.