ATA Minutes and Ian Darroch

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by GOAT123, Dec 28, 2022.

1. GOAT123

GOAT123 Member

What’s up with the minutes and Ian Darroch? Looks like Ian filed a complaint against 3 shooters about trying to get him banned at some Pennsylvania shoots. Ian dropped the complaint however If you google Ian’s name he gave up his teaching license because he admitted to private messaging a student. Lots of drama over in Pennsylvania and why would any teacher private message a student?

2. Kiehl

Kiehl Well-Known Member

Maybe a note from a coach telling a student when practice is. One example. Is a personal phone call on a cell phone more intimate?

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  3. lord maker

lord maker Mega Poster Founding Member

We had a thread about this already. As a father of two school age sons, I find Mr. Darroch's alleged actions disgusting. I get upset when staff/faculty group message my kids. And I live in a district where the facility manager raped over seven kids in school. I can say raped since he was found guilty and sent to prison for 113 years. This day and times its too easy for predators to get in contact with our youth and parents need to be extra cautious.

Zinger and firewater like this.
  4. Kiehl

Kiehl Well-Known Member

What ATA rule would you say this guy broke?

5. 320090T

320090T Mega Poster Founding Member

What is the difference between a text and a PM? Just wondering

6. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Mega Poster

Hmm. I was a named individual. He surrendered his teaching certificate in leiu of disciplinary action. His behavior as an educator is unacceptable and more than likely he avoided a mess for himself.

Sharing public information is not against any rule.

the individual that sent the formal complaint in had a valid complaint.

it’s all true

Zinger and Indyfireman like this.
  7. Kiehl

Kiehl Well-Known Member

No one answered. So repeat.

What rule did Durroch break that would get him a ban from the ATA or PA?

8. lord maker

lord maker Mega Poster Founding Member

He violated no ATA rule. Maybe those people did not want an alleged scum bag on the line with them or around their children.

Firedawg, Zinger and firewater like this.
  9. GOAT123

GOAT123 Member

Ian made the complaint against three shooters for trying to get him banned. Ian gave up his teaching license because of contact with student.

10. Indyfireman

Indyfireman Active Member

I worked with a predator like him once. This guy was able to avoid trouble for a while but he was eventually caught. These predators don’t change their ways. He will eventually get caught and imprisoned where he belongs. Good news is they don’t fare well in prison as child molesting is against prison code. The sad part is the damage they do before being caught. The ATA will regret promoting this predator in time

11. TF1

TF1 Active Member Founding Member

I hate to judge someone I don’t know, but as a retired educator with 39 years experience this type of situation makes me very angry. I would assume that since this individual surrendered his certificate he could not defend himself against these allegations. Trapshooting( 57 yrs.) is the only thing I have participated in longer than teaching in my lifetime. I consider both to be my passions. Personally I would never consider giving up my teaching credentials even now unless I was guilty of what I was charged with. If I was innocent I would fight for myself until I completely exhausted my resources. Material things are not as important as the truth and avenues exist to recover them if found innocent. I come from a more conservative time and was taught and drilled that the line between teacher and student cannot be crossed ever. From what I saw prior to retirement this may not now be as important. So at any rate he has allowed himself to be branded as guilty and I guess hopes that he will be given the benefit of doubt since no formal judgment was entered. This is most certainly the easy way out and that of a coward not willing to face up to and defend his actions. I don’t think posting of information about this situation is any violation of rules, and to be so the allegations would have to be proven false. As far as banning the individual, I cashiered shoots for over 20 years and if he presented himself at a shoot I was working I would refuse his entry. He could protest till the cows came home, but my contention would be he’s disturbing the harmony of the shoot-MY HARMONY. If he appeared on my squad elsewhere , I would withdraw, again because he would be disturbing my harmony at that shoot. I believe as fireman does that this type of behavior will escalate at some point. Obviously the punishment thus far has not effected other parts of his lifestyle. I also don’t believe the punishment has been adequate, the state also took the easy way out too.

Roy D, trapshooter686, Zinger and 3 others like this.
  12. GOAT123

GOAT123 Member

I agree TF, I think we need to start something to have Ian banned!! The ATA did it for the New Jersey shooter

13. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Mega Poster

Trust me the allegation against him was valid. Nothing happened at a shoot so the ata did nothing as they had no basis too.

Ian is not happy with me and how I posted his information on the internet. But as a former cop there is no place for that behavior anywhere. That’s my opinion and nothing can be done and he knew it but still wanted to try. Simple retaliation that’s all.

Zinger likes this.
  14. GOAT123

GOAT123 Member

Maybe we all need Ian to feel uncomfortable at shoots. Like all standing behind his squad and ponying and talking. He needs to go away. I will not have my children at a shoot with a scum bag like him

Roy D and Zinger like this.
  15. Firedawg

Firedawg New Member

Yes

16. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

If The ATA removes all the users, drunks and womanizers most shoots will be cancelled. Are we saying it's necessary to sign onto the Boy Scout Motto as a requirement for membership? Heck, some of our former Presidents, and committee members were not noted for angelic behavior!.

17. TF1

TF1 Active Member Founding Member

I agree not everyone is perfect, most far from it. But, we’ve got to have limits to what we tolerate. Certain things are beyond our standards of acceptance and that’s where flexibility ends. Everyone has to draw a line somewhere. Guess you just have to trust your gut and your conscience on this one.

18. LCH

LCH Mega Poster Forum Leader

What exactly was Ian charged with? It seems he's been pretty tarred and feathered so I presume it must be bad?

19. Trap69

Trap69 Member

The most criminal of sexual acts were the basic charges- don’t know details, and while
    Am open minded as to what consenting adults may or may not do in private- no one should
    be in similar positions with minors

20. Roy D

Roy D Well-Known Member

The teaching profession, like the priesthood and coaching, attracts a hugely disproportionate number of of pervs. And if you think about that, it makes perfect logical sense.

My 8th-Grade science teacher and coach was an obviuos creep and pedophile. But it was 20+ years before he finally ended up behind bars. Lord only knows how many kids that sicko molested in the meantime.

All parents have a moral duty to be suspicious of teachers, coaches and priests, regardless of how nice or normal they seem. My kids went to Catholic schools and my wife and I watched them like hawks. We also taught our kids about inapropriate behaviors to watch out for and tell us about. Few things can more thoroughly destroy a life than molestation. There's no cure for pedophilia either, short of a bullet. Even castration does not always work.

-Roy

21. GOAT123

GOAT123 Member

Ian gave up his teaching license because of contact with student.[/QUOTE]

22. ammo

ammo Member

I am trying to keep an open mind on this, could someone show us the police report or article in the newspaper where he was charged with a crime. All I am getting is someones opinion or hear say.

oleolliedawg likes this.
  23. BCB

BCB Active Member

Not going to post a link and get banned. You can search “Ian darroch teacher charged” and get links to York Daily Record and Pa Education.gov with some information.

24. LCH

LCH Mega Poster Forum Leader

Screenshot_20230324_182558_Drive.jpg

From what I can tell Ian has not been charged with breaking any laws. As I understand it he surrendered his teaching license as a result of "engaging in ongoing messaging with a 17 year old female student".

The content of that communication is what's missing from the story.

Attached Files:

25. ammo

ammo Member

So I am waiting to see what the justice system charged him with, you are trying to ban someone that has not been criminally charged with anything. I am not saying he did not do something inappropriate in his job title but you are painting him as chester the molester when you know nothing but he was contacting a student. In society today if they thought they really had something on him the DA would be on him like white on rice. Would not know this man if he walked into my house but I bet Alvin Bragg would love some posters on here on a Trump jury.

Flyersarebest and oleolliedawg like this.
  26. chipn100x100

chipn100x100 Active Member

So, just out of curiosity.... if he gave up his teaching certificate because he was accused of having inappropriate communications with a minor, why is he allowed to coach at the Pittsburgh Field Club? He claims to have skills to work with people and students.... so why is he allowed to have students there?

27. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Mega Poster

This line sums it up well:

“Respondent's surrender in lieu of further disciplinary proceedings.” In summary he knows he did wrong and took the out offered to him.

The best part was when his father (PSSA President) approached me at the Summer Championships with my son by my side puffing his chest. My son asked what is that guys problem? Then he got a full explanation.

Unknowingly Ian filed the complaint against me, our state delegate never notified anyone that was named in the complaint and we only found out from the mins at the Grand. Yet Ian’s complaint didn’t make the mins.

Indyfireman likes this.
  28. GOAT123

GOAT123 Member

I don’t get how the ATA lets this clown shoot and write for Trap&Field. He is guilty of something with a minor. Be it a lapse in judgment or something more sinister.

firewater likes this.
  29. rickyd

rickyd Active Member

Trap and Field rag reported the false numbers doubling the number of entrants not long ago. It was admin at this site that caught the fake numbers. Sounds like he fits right in.