ATA Actions that hurt the Average Shooter

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by dr.longshot, Jun 15, 2015.

1. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

When I first joined, I got a Temporary Card, To get a permanent card, I had to register
    1500 targets, 500 Sgls, 500 Hdcp, 500 dbls,, I then got my permanent card, this could be done over 3 years.

The ATA changed this numerous times, to get the shooters to shoot more targets so the ATA could get more fees and fatten their pockets.

All at the expense of the average shooter who was the backbone of the ATA.

You can compare that to what it is today, and see what it did to the average shooter?

I bought a Lifetime Membership when it was $100.00 I believe, I had privelages as a life member, The ATA had to have the Life Members vote for any major actions, such as a move/sale of the home grounds at Vandalia.

Our Corporation was registered I believe Md. it was re=registered in Illinois.

You know what happened since. We owned our Home Grounds, That is what our forefathers wanted, A permanent place that they owned, they purchased Vandalia site in 1925, by a group of Dayton area shooters and a large Corporation.

I still have my Life Membership, Life members were to receive a Financial Report if requested yearly, I requested one and it took 3 years for me to get it, after numerous requests.

Gary Bryant Dr.longshot

2. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

The average shooter could easily get his permanent card in a year, or he could take 3 years to get one. He did not have to sacrifice family time.

I do not remember the years of permanent card target changes.

I felt/feel it was the GREED of the ATA to raise the stds. and fatten their pockets, all at the expense of the AVERAGE SHOOTERS. The backbone of the ATA.

To me the ATA is a PROFFESIONAL TRAPSHOOTING ASSOC.
    now.

No longer an Amateur Trapshooting Assoc.

If you looked at a 1965 Trap & Field average book, and looked at the Hdcp Avgs., Sgl Avgs. and Dbls Avg. And cpmpare it todays 2014 Average book.

You will get an enlightment, I believe a 94% on Hdcp was a very good average, a 98% singles avg.

We had an Ohio Shooter Tony Olivito who registered way over
    1 Million Singles, which I believe is still the record.

We had 1500+squads in Hdcp at Vandalia GAH.

Vendors row was the place to buy shot, powder, primers and wads at a substantial savings.

Gun Dealers dealt with you on purchases of trapguns.

I wish I could remember target costs per 100 w/fees.

Chime in with your memories.

Gary Bryant Dr.longshot

3. dr.longshot

We shot the Grand over 48 traps, for years.

We had huge numbers in all events.

We also had Rudy Manor Money Shoots. 100 target events for money during the day.

We had Camp Troy for 100 bird day money shoots, and 50 bird night shoot where I won Thousands of dollars.

In front of Camp Troy was a Resturant, where we ate Strawberry pies, delicious double decker hamburgers,

Fond memories of times gone by, club is no longer there, occupied by homes, and businesses.

Gary Bryant Dr.longshot