Arkansas late season duck hunt

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by nudehunter, Jan 12, 2015.

1. nudehunter

nudehunter Member Founding Member

planning on going out into the flooded timber tomorrow morning, river been out of its banks, then big freeze, I know the woods are full of ice and thawing, ducks might have moved further south. with only less that 2 weeks left in the season, I sort of feel I need to go just to check things out, might bag another green head.

2. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Good Luck! Stay warm and SAFE.

I for one would like to know how it went. Report back.

Flyersarebest

3. nudehunter

nudehunter Member Founding Member

hit the water about 4:30 not much traffic on the boat ramp, broke ice for a half a mile, never got into my usual duck hole, decided to find another spot not in the ice, every thing work out till I dropped my Super X-1 in water and it froze instantly, had a group drop down behind me, landed in my decoys. and my trigger was froze solid. rest area holding thousands of ducks on open water, hundreds flying over the timber, getting very calling sensitive, and when a shot happens a mile away they flare off. with 10 days left in Arkansas duck season, this finish could be real hot as soon as the ice melts in the timber. DSCN0520.JPG DSCN0535.JPG DSCN0532.JPG

4. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Glad to hear the superx was the only thing to get wet. I spent a LOT of time in my younger days sitting in the swamps of NW PA. I know what wet and cold can be like.
    Better luck on the next trip.
    Flyersarebest