Anyone every move K80 releases from one gun to another?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by William Walton, Oct 9, 2021.

1. William Walton

William Walton Active Member

I have a new receiver and would like to move the releases from my 2016 receiver to the new one. Anyone every done this with success for both receivers, without shipping to an authorized K gun shop? Thanks,

2. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member V I P

I wouldn’t advise it.

Jon Reitz

3. Jumanji

Jumanji Well-Known Member

You almost always near a sear adjustment when adding / removing K-80 release hooks to get the poundage where you want it / safe to shoot.

4. Billy

Billy Mega Poster

Yes I handed the parts and receivers to
    a k80 tech !!!

5. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

If this is the RT model I make new hooks for it . Roger Coveleskie

6. Shooter-007

Shooter-007 Well-Known Member

Phillip Crenwelge in Emory Texas could advise you on how to proceed. Or do the work!
    Highly recommend !

THEUNLOADER likes this.
  7. Max Trap

Max Trap Well-Known Member Founding Member

Phillip is the man.

8. William Walton

William Walton Active Member

Thanks for all the responses.

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member Founding Member

My factory release parts are in my third K-80. The second included transferring parts as part of the deal, and the dealer charged me $110 for Ottsville to do the work on the third one. I only use Ottsville for my K-80 service. They all felt and feel the same. There is comfort in their 10 year warranty.

Other than Phillip's turnaround time, he does great work. I prefer his releases on my 870's. I have accepted the fact that his "three weeks" means three to six months.

oleolliedawg and Billy like this.