700x

Discussion in 'Reloading Bench' started by CB630, Dec 27, 2021.

1. CB630

CB630 Well-Known Member

Is there any older loading data for 700x for 28 gauge shells
    Someone at a club said that they had received a 28 gauge reloader from Mec and there was a recipe of 700x with his reloader ?

2. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Just a heads up. I searched around for info on 5-6 different sites. Guys asking the same question. These were older posts and the consensus was, DON"T USE IT for 28 ga.

There used to be some data using 700x in books that are 40 years old but it was the older original powder and the hulls, along with the primers, were not the modern stuff we have today.

If you google, 700x for loading 28 gauge you will find the same things I did.

BE SAFE!

oleolliedawg and Tom in PA like this.
  3. squirrel_hunter

squirrel_hunter Active Member

I ran into same thing with Winchester wsf. My lyman #5 has load data for it in 28ga. But i was told not to load it in 28ga. So planning on use the wsf in 20ga.

4. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Active Member

Green Dot makes a 5/8 oz load work really well and Longshot does wonders with 3/4 oz both , seem to be available here and there !

5. CB630

CB630 Well-Known Member

Are you referring to 28ga were did you get the data . I just got the new alliant reloading book and did not see 5/8 loads or the use of green dot .

6. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Active Member

AAHS Hull , Win primer , 13 grs Green Dot , SG28 wad and 5/8 8 1/2's ! I like the load shooting 16 yd Trap targets and Starlings !
    Try it at your own Risk !

7. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Active Member

Got to thinking 13 grs didn't sound right so went out to my reloading room and looked.......NOTE , 11.5 grs is what I'm loading for 5/8 oz !

Sorry CB630 , Please take Note !

8. CB630

CB630 Well-Known Member

Have you tested this load ?

9. CB630

CB630 Well-Known Member

What is a sg28 wad

10. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Active Member

It's the Sporting 28 wad offered by BPI.....

11. 4andy10

4andy10 Active Member

Shot 14.5 WSF, CB wad 3/4oz. Win 209 primer, older AA hulls in 28ga since the 1992 with never any problems in browning Citori grade 1&6 4bbl sets along with K32 4bbl sets. Probably won’t help anyone but that’s what I’ve shot for yrs. My old high school auto mechanics teacher is where I got my load from on this.. he kept records of everything he ever loaded..believe that’s the only non published load I’ve ever shot too..Keith

12. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Active Member

With 700X , it's hard to imagine needing any more power than what 17. Grs will give to 1 oz of good shot ?
    Crushes clay targets with a .040 choke . And , has the same affect as others , when you miss !

6820g likes this.