2016 ATA Form 990

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by HistoryBuff, Jun 22, 2017.

1. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

An IRS Form 990 is known as a "Return of Organization Exempt From Income Tax."

It is an informational tax form that most tax-exempt organizations must file annually.

Basically, the form provides the IRS an overview of an organization's activities, governance and detailed financial information. The Form 990 also includes a section for the organization to outline its accomplishments in the previous year to justify maintaining its tax-exempt status. In collecting this information, the IRS is able to ensure that organizations continue to qualify for tax exemption after the status is granted.

Many nonprofits proudly display their 990's annually on their website.

ATA Delegates (Board of Directors) are provided each year with an audit called the "Consolidated Statement of Financial." They should also request a copy of the ATA's Form 990 since it provides a few more details.

Below is the ATA's 2016 nonprofit return.

Pages 1 - 8

2016 FORM 990, 01.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 02.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 03.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 04.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 05.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 06.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 07.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 08.jpg

2. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

Pages 9 - 16

2016 FORM 990, 09.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 10.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 11.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 12.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 13.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 14.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 15.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 16.jpg

3. HistoryBuff

Pages 17 - 24

2016 FORM 990, 17.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 18.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 19.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 20.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 21.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 22.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 23.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 24.jpg

4. HistoryBuff

Pages 25 - 30

2016 FORM 990, 25.jpg 2016 FORM 990, 26.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 27.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 28.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 29.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 30.jpg

5. HistoryBuff

Pages 31 - 33

2016 FORM 990, 31.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 32.jpg
    2016 FORM 990, 33.jpg

6. Just Joe

Just Joe Administrator Staff Member

HB

Thanks for your work and dedication.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2017
    History Seeker likes this.
  7. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

Thanks HB !

I read with interest the BONUS for Lynn G.....Wow

And the total...$194, 495

I guess the EC figures that position is worth it.

I guess we are headed in the right direction.

8. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

9. History Seeker

Doc, What WHAT ?

If you mean the compensation for the director, it's on HB's pages 31 to 33 section.

My understanding is Mr. Gipson is a mover and a shaker for the organization, and this is a common practice for someone who is doing a good job in keeping things running well.

We put our trust in the EC to make the correct decisions when hiring staff.

These EC are a lot more intelligent than I.

Based on that, I put faith in their judgement, and have faith they have a good man in there doing his best for the ATA.

10. SUJumanji

SUJumanji Member

While I am not qualified to comment one way or the other on the compensation of ATA employees, I am intrigued by the line on Schedule J, Page 3: "The Executive Director May Receive Incentive Compensation Contingent Upon the Organization Meeting Goals and Objectives As Established By The Board Of Directors."

Can someone point me to the BOD minutes where the goals and objectives were established by the BOD that factored into the incentive compensation?

11. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I doubt it SUJumanji,

12. History Seeker

GREAT question SUJumanji !!!

Probably another ONLY on a "Need To Know Basis" for the members.

Can you tell I am still miffed after I was told that a few years back ???

Par4 and Roger Coveleskie like this.
  13. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Brad's friend (I hope) You, me, and every other ATA basher (so labeled by the Sparta ATA kool aid drinkers) have repeatedly been told over and over to get involved, go to your state meeting, ask your delegate. So Joe did just that, and how did all of that sage advice work out KOOL AID crowd?

Until shooters stop funding the registered ATA money sucker the same Shit will keep happening. I will not ever shoot another ATA target. FAKE NEWS isn't just for political reasons, the EC and BOD have perfected it in my lifetime.

I can't seem to change it but I sure as hell don't have to reward it. Oh yea I also don't have to go away. Brad

rrisum, History Seeker, Garry and 2 others like this.
  14. Bat

Bat Mega Poster

My guess is the delegate does not know detailed info on what repairs, maintenance, upgrades etc ATA has made in Sparta. He is just recapping info he took down from the annual meeting etc. As I said, I would think his response should have been along the lines of "I don't have answers in that detail, let me look into it and we can discuss at another time." Seems fair to me.

I will ask this, is there any indication ATA is spending significant amounts on something over and above responsibilities they have under the lease? I would doubt it, but am always open to more information.

dr.longshot likes this.
  15. Bat

Bat Mega Poster

Looks like the incentive pay is tied to net profits. Can't tell the base, could be the Grand, the ATA as a whole, etc. etc.

dr.longshot likes this.
  16. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

I see the ATA Has you Snowed, and Inhaling Some Maryjuanna

17. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

This describes the majority of the BOD. If their brains were DYMAMITE they would not have enough to blow their nose.
    OVER 50 MEMBERS AND NONE EVER QUESTION THE MOVES OF THE EC. If they did it would be in the minutes.
    Time to drain the swamp. Roger C.

Ken Cerney likes this.
  18. Garry

Garry Mega Poster

Page 6 Part VI Governance, Management & Disclosure
    Section: B - Policies
    B13. Did the organization have a written whistleblower policy ? Answer: Yes.

I would like to read this policy. Can someone tell me where to find it ?

19. Garry

Garry Mega Poster

If this is true, it makes me wonder why the ATA, a non-profit organization, would base incentive pay on net profit.

20. History Seeker

Thanks HB !

4,700 competitors !

WOWeeee